Go Down

Topic: Help needed with ATMega644P bootloader (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

Kevin Marinelli

I made my own Arduino clone board using a ATMega644P microcontroller. In the past,
I used the AdaFruit 644P boatloader with no problems. Unfortunately the bootloader
does not seem to work with the current Arduino IDE. I would really like to use my
home-brew boards with the current IDE, since I need both USB and XBee communications
in the projects I am working on.

When I try to use avrdude to install the ATmegaBOOT_644P.hex bootloader, I get the following
error:

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: 1 bytes of efuse verified
avrdude: reading input file "ATmegaBOOT_644P.hex"
avrdude: ERROR: address 0x1f010 out of range at line 2 of ATmegaBOOT_644P.hex
avrdude: write to file 'ATmegaBOOT_644P.hex' failed

Any suggestions to resolve the bootloader issue would be appreciated.

Here is an image of my board in case anyone is interested:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/56395654@N03/8114494718/in/photostream
The board is not Arduino shield compatible, since I wanted to be able to wire the 8-bit data ports grouped in their logical structure.

Osgeld

I have never used the bootloader but I have used the mighty1284 core with a 644 before

https://github.com/maniacbug/mighty-1284p

you would have to modify the boards.txt to reflect a 644 (name and its 64k of program space instead of 128k) but outside of program memory and ram, they are the same chip

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

CrossRoads

watch for 644 vs 644a vs 644P
I think only P has dual serial ports, check data sheet to be sure.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

leo72

I think only P has dual serial ports, check data sheet to be sure.

+1

Go Up