Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino-MATLAB interface + Xbee?  (Read 1684 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi all -

I wonder if anyone has experience using this Arduino-MATLAB API? http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Interfacing/Matlab

I am working in a research lab where most of our engineers are most familiar with MATLAB, and this API imports an Arduino class to directly drive the Arduino via MATLAB without need of creating/uploading a sketch to the chip itself.

Most of our experiments need to be done wirelessly - we equip our Arduino-powered vehicles with XBees and use an XBee connected to MATLAB to talk.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use this API wirelessly? I.e., instead of hooking up the Arduino directly to MATLAB for this driver, I'd like to hook up an XBee to MATLAB and an Xbee to Arduino, then use the API. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I don't have access to my Arduino right now to try this out. I also wonder if there's latency issues I should worry about - right now I have a sort of XOR checksum to ensure the stuff I send from MATLAB to Arduino is received properly, and Arduino can request a retransmit if needed.

View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

I'm trying to do the same thing as u've written here, i can see nobody has responded to your thread, nevetheless if u've been successful in realizing these steps, please inform me.

REGARDS,
Mohsen

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: