Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: LCD 16x2 character art (posting all my char art here)  (Read 14947 times)
Hamme, Belgium
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have edited the code of the rotating arrow post, so that people will better understand what's happening.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

JO3RI,

If you're still interested in making an auto cycling menu (cycle through every menu item), let me know.

Using my phi-menu system and some upgrade on my buttons class, I may have got what you want. Very very easy. Now I can operate all my input panels with just one button, thanks to your idea or cycling menu.

I will post video after dinner.

Hamme, Belgium
View Profile

Yes, I'm still very interested in a 1-button menu, so show off your cycling menu  smiley-grin.

Could you put my rotating arrow in that menu? That would probably make it a lot more difficult, wouldn't it?

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

So here it is:

I've cross-posted it under my password panel thread also  smiley-roll-sweat

Hamme, Belgium
View Profile

Nice one. You know, I keep asking about that rotating arrow thing to be used in the menu, but then I released, you don't use that kind of menu.

I'm always think of a menu where you see more then 1 choice at a time. Something like this, where the arrow would change places when cycling the menu.

> GAME     . HSCORE
. CREDITS  . HOWTO

. GAME     .  HSCORE
> CREDITS  . HOWTO

. GAME     > HSCORE
. CREDITS  . HOWTO

. GAME     .  HSCORE
. CREDITS  > HOWTO

Now the reason why I would use this kind of menu is, that you know how many items you can choose of. I know it's limited this way to 4 items. BUT ...

I have seen some other approach on Alarm systems

Explanation of m        => here you have the explanation of you menu item (scrolling)
.1.2.3>4.5.6.7.8        => here the arrow shows which menu item is shown above.

This way you have a better way of knowing how many menu items there are and when you'll get at number (let's say) 5
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:49:03 am by JO3RI » Logged

View Profile

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a simple way to show battery power and you guys seem to be good at the LCD stuff.

I'm using a sparkfun serial LCD and would like to show the battery life as a bar (one block on the LCD) where a dead battery will have one horizontal bar in a block (an underline cursor, I guess) and a full battery would be a full block (like a non-blinking box cursor). Is there an easy way to get this done? I know that the serial LCDs are a bit different with the code (I am not using a library).

Thanks a lot!

-Rob
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:25:16 am by RobDrizzle » Logged

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

You can use either mine or JO3RI's code. Just draw a small battery in MS paint, like this:

Then digitize them into binary numbers;

* battery.GIF (0.85 KB, 35x7 - viewed 427 times.)

View Profile

I totally don't get how to do this with a serial LCD... I'm not declaring an lcd or using the lcd library therefore, the lcd.createChar(0, newChar); does not work...

*edit* after reading through some much older posts... It looks as if the serial LCDs requires you to write special characters to it and you only have room for 8 custom characters. It appears to be much more work than its worth.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:47:22 pm by RobDrizzle » Logged

View Profile

Ok, so you haven't seen nothing yet  smiley-grin

@ Simpson_Jr: you'll have to read a bit more on Character creating. watch this link, It might help: http://icontexto.com/charactercreator/. Mind you, you can only have 8 of those at once on the LCD screen.

@liudr: you want to see a fist fly? watch this, it's even better.

and of course the code:

Mmm, seems its to long to post here. I made a project page of this on my website:

http://www.jo3ri.be/arduino/arduino-projects/lcd-16x2-running-man
He must have misbehaved big time to be behind bars, at his majesty pleasure lol eh eh eh

10 LET Loop=Infinite
20 GO TO 10

View Profile

Thanks Man! great creation.... was literally amazed after it worked with my hardware Thrilled!!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: