Go Down

Topic: MLX90620 / MLX90621 - 16X4 pixel IR thermal array (Read 45251 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello everyone,
Can someone help with with maxbot's mlx90621 code. It has two files one is a header file and the other is a source file. So, is it that we need to write an arduino sketch calling the functions of the source file? 

riodda

Anybody has information about MLX90621ESF avilability in small quantyties? thanks

I've found on this shop small quantities for MLX90621

http://www.as-electronic.net/shop/article_MLX90621ESF-BAA-000/MLX90621ESF-BAA-000-16x4-IR-Matrix-Temperatursensor-120%C2%B0-x-30%C2%B0-FOV.html?sessid=aDYjOkv3vj8RQBv95gmQfmkBiwBM2pVDfgi87oGcyUegrkAlWmTo5huPC4mclTH7&shop_param=cid%3D64%26aid%3DMLX90621ESF-BAA-000%26

Thanks.

This is a very interesting sensor will be ordering soon. This opens arduino users to a wide variety of cool applications.

jim_bro

Apr 23, 2015, 12:21 am Last Edit: Apr 23, 2015, 12:24 am by jim_bro
Hi as part of my Masters Thesis I used the MLX90620 sensors to do some indoor location positioning

I ended up merging the calculator and processing code originally shared Nathan Seidl, Max Bot & IlBaboomba and changing the output to JSON.

@sbanisetty yes you need to include the header file. If you look at the link below you should hopefully be able to see how you need to do this.

The code along with the library sources I needed to make it work (I originally had some issues reading from the sensor and ended up using the i2cMaster headers) is available on Git Hub along with the python I used plus some test harnesses etc.

https://github.com/tS7hKamAYL84j91/Infrared-IPS/tree/master/location_sensors/sensor_hardware

I summarised the processing done by the sketches & the theory behind the sensors in my thesis if you were interested in how they work (around page 39)

Hope you find the info useful when starting off using the sensors, I had lots of fun with them

Jim

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy