Go Down

Topic: Billie's Hydroponic Controller (Read 82 times) previous topic - next topic

BillieBricks

Jan 15, 2013, 09:41 pm Last Edit: Jan 16, 2013, 08:06 am by BillieBricks Reason: 1
Here's the latest version of my code...
Here's a new link, because the forum gives me a 503 error when i try to download it...

vincent13

hello,

this link does not work for me.

a chance to get one okay ;)

pYro_65

Retry a few times ( file download, not link ), it worked on the 2nd go for me.

DerekPDX

I am trying to get this to run, but get the following errors:

Code: [Select]
Hydroponic_Controller_v1_1_2b.ino: In function 'void EepromRead()':
Hydroponic_Controller_v1_1_2b:146: error: 'EEPROM' was not declared in this scope
Hydroponic_Controller_v1_1_2b.ino: In function 'void graphLoop()':
Hydroponic_Controller_v1_1_2b:567: error: 'EEPROM' was not declared in this scope
Hydroponic_Controller_v1_1_2b:579: error: 'EEPROM' was not declared in this scope
Hydroponic_Controller_v1_1_2b:617: error: 'EEPROM' was not declared in this scope
Hydroponic_Controller_v1_1_2b:632: error: 'EEPROM' was not declared in this scope

BillieBricks

Feb 03, 2013, 06:11 pm Last Edit: Feb 03, 2013, 06:22 pm by BillieBricks Reason: 1
Hello,

Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using? It should only be v.1.0 and no other
Also, do you have the EEPROM and ExtendedEEPROM libraries installed? You need them...Al requirements are stated in the code.
If that doesn't work try to download a new copy of v.1.0 and install the libraries you need for the project.

Hope this works out for you

pgiani

First thank you for sharing, your set up is great.

But I see that you are in a bugget like my self and you are in need for EC and I found this link on how to make one for 15$
http://practicalmaker.com/ec/diy-ec-probe

I like to let you know so you can update your set up and I will be sharing my when is done

good luck Billie

BillieBricks

Mar 09, 2013, 07:34 pm Last Edit: Mar 09, 2013, 09:30 pm by BillieBricks Reason: 1
Thank you for thinking with me...The probe isn't the problem. That one's easy. It's making the AC circuit for measuring the EC value.
Ive found the Eagle files for this shield, but don't understand them completely...Especially where the connections go is sometimes a mystery...The ground isn't always shown to be connected.
Edit: Just found out how to show the GDN connections in Eagle.
As for the parts. I've got almost everything I need to build the shield. Just the OPA 350 Opamp and the 01µf capacitors is what need to buy...

Fany_CA

^_^ Good job Billie... I love it.

Now, I got a screen like that you used it, any recommendation before to start working with it or information that can help me? 

Germ

Looks Really Cool. I tried to download the code but could not. I tried on a mac using safari, chrome, firefox and on windows using i.e.. All with save target or save file as, or download file as.
Is there anywhere else you can post the code?

Also your temp humidity problem should be easy to fix by turning the fans on and off a few degrees apart instead of using one set point.
ex

float SetpointTwo;

if (CurrentTemp > Setpoint)
{
   // Turn On Fans;
}

SetPointTwo = Setpoint - 3;

if (CurrentTemp < SetpointTwo)
{
//Turn Off Fans;
}

BillieBricks

^_^ Good job Billie... I love it.

Now, I got a screen like that you used it, any recommendation before to start working with it or information that can help me? 

Thx!  The first thing I do with everything I order is check if it works. Try the examples that are in the UTFT library from Henning's site...If you get the examples to work i'd try to get the touch function to work, again with the library you find at Henning's site and go from there...

Looks Really Cool. I tried to download the code but could not. I tried on a mac using safari, chrome, firefox and on windows using i.e.. All with save target or save file as, or download file as.
Is there anywhere else you can post the code?

Also your temp humidity problem should be easy to fix by turning the fans on and off a few degrees apart instead of using one set point.
ex

float SetpointTwo;

if (CurrentTemp > Setpoint)
{
   // Turn On Fans;
}

SetPointTwo = Setpoint - 3;

if (CurrentTemp < SetpointTwo)
{
//Turn Off Fans;
}

Sometimes you can download it from the forum and sometimes you can't. I suspect it has something to do with the download quota that the forum uses...
I'll try to post the code on github or something...

Also thanks for thinking with me. I already thought of using a Hystery with the setpoint. Just like I did with the pH algorithm... This way one can also set the hystery instead of hard-coding it.

With kind regards,

Billie

BillieBricks

I've made a repository @Github for those of you that can't download the code... ;)
Have fun!! And don't forget, if you improve on the code post it back so everyone can benefit from it ;)

wbegg

Looks like this would fit the bill!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SainSmart-Mega2560-3-2-LCD-TFT-Touch-Screen-SD-Reader-4-Arduino-UNO-R3-Robot-/261094891095?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item3cca77de57&_uhb=1#ht_8924wt_1031

mlmunro

Love your work by the way. Has inspired me.
Going to modify your code to work with a flood and drain system.
Might be a stupid question but what is the thread size/type on the solenoid valves ?
I bought the ones you linked to but am having trouble sourcing the right type of connecters for plumbing into a garden hose.

Thanks in advance

BillieBricks

Might be a stupid question but what is the thread size/type on the solenoid valves ?
I bought the ones you linked to but am having trouble sourcing the right type of connecters for plumbing into a garden hose.

No stupid question ;)
Actually I don't know. Took the part with me to a plumbing store and asked for connectors and tubing that would fit the part ;)
I'll check later on this evening and see if I can measure it with my calliper...

BillieBricks

Today I had the time to measure the thread of the solenoid valve. Inside of the thread is 19.54mm and outside of the thread is 20.56mm. Hopefully you have enough information with this... ;)

Go Up