Go Down

Topic: Powertip PG-160128a 160x128 Dot Display (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I salvaged this display from work today out of a broken FastTrak timer system. I was pretty excited to see that the entire thing simply unplugged from the rest of the system and knew right away that I was going to try and get it working on my arduino uno. I was able to find the data sheet for it and it uses the T6963c LCD Controller.

Problem is, I have no idea where to start with this thing. I have the pinouts from the data sheet and there are 20 pins but am still unsure how to get this thing powered up. I do know the arduino will not supply enough power alone.

I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this display. I would imagine its going to work really well with the arduino as soon as I can figure out how to get it wired up, then theres the issue of writing a sketch. I have never written my own, only modified sketches I have found online.

If anyone has some free time and would like to help me out with some more info or anything I would greatly appreciate it. I did a quick search of the forums but did not see anything on this particular display. I may have posted to soon and info could be there but I simply was unable to find it. Every forum I have ever been to and you don't search before asking questions you get yelled at for it so I apologize ahead of time.

Here is a link to the data sheet if anyone wishes to have a look.

I'm going to go ahead apologize now because after searching some more I came across a tutorial located here, http://blog.tomfleet.com/?p=93 and although its not the same LCD that I have I understand now that the controller is the same along with the pinout so I am going to attempt to build a shield to attach it to my arduino and see what I can do.

I am still open to advice or help on writing a sketch. I would like to get it working with lcd smartie but with my 16x2 lcd I was only ever able to get it to display random numbers instead of the data I wanted. Communication was there and I could see the numbers change as I changed things in lcd smartie but could never figure out why it would only display numbers.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131