Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Project ideas please?  (Read 511 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

So here's what I got in an a good deal on ebay. 5,000 orange led's 10 shift registers. on my table i have my trusty arduino and quite a few common electronic componant's. i've never had this many leds, so many possibilitys any one have ideas?

Rural Arizona
Edison Member
Incorrigible tinkerer
View Profile

Well,  my first thought is that 10 shift registers probably won't be enough to drive 5000 LEDs  :smiley

Chase lights can be fun.  With an Arduino,  you can do lots of varied patterns and speeds.  Or make a "Knight Rider" bar that gradually fades the leading and trailing LEDs to make a really fluid-looking movement.

Make bars or matrices of 24, 60, and 60 LEDs,  and turn on one LED per second/minute to show the time in graphic form.

If you have a long hallway,  make several "light fixtures" of 10 or 20 LEDs apiece,  and distribute them down the hall.  Put an Arduino with a Ping sensor at one end of the hall,  and use it to figure out where you are,  and turn on only the nearest light(s).

Put LEDs all over your car,  and use the Arduino to animate them so you look like UFO (or a carnival ride  ;D) going down the street.

Mount them around your patio,  and make them "dance" in time to the music when you have a party.

Ran

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

any one have ideas?

Look for a power supply that can do lots of current.  ;D

Lefty

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Build a scrolling banner for the back of your car so you can scroll messages across it like Times Square. Of course, you would have regularly used messages stored on some hotkey buttons...you know, like "back off," "Hubba hubba." things like that.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

lol some good sugestions guys :-) thanks

Arduino rocks
View Profile

How about an animated 3d LED pumpkin.  The mouth and eyes could be driven by a duino while the sides and back could be static.  Add some green leds on top for a stem and you are good to go.

Best of luck on your project.  Hope it all works well for you.

-Andy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: