Go Down

Topic: [HOWTO] Write (almost) all you want using a 7 segment displayer (Read 625 times) previous topic - next topic

thuzhen

Hello,
I started to experiment Arduino a few days ago, and yesterday, I was handling a 7 segment displayer. I wanted to write a sentence on it, character after character, but I found it complicated to light a segment after another and to look on the internet what segment I should light to make a character. So I created a simple code (no really clean, but i works) that everyone can easily implement.

It works like that :
Code: [Select]
makeChar(aff, c, 7, cl, on, off);
* aff represent the 7 segment displayer and is an ordered array like aff[] = {A, B, C, D, E, F, G} where A, B, C... corresponds to the pin connected to each segment.
* c is the character to write for example : char c = 'A'
* cl is a boolean that determine if you want to clean what was written on the displayer (if you want to see your characters properly, set it to true)
* on is the state you gotta send on the pin to light the displayer up, you can set it to HIGH or LOW depending how you build your thing
* off is the state you gotta send on the pin to light the displayer off.

Note : you can't use the pin n°0.

Here's the code with an example : http://pastebin.com/mxAUntKu
Here, each thing you type using the serial communication will be displayed on the 7 segment displayer.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy