Go Down

Topic: Cheapest source for rubber tracked robot (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

Chagrin

You really don't have many options; there are rubber track manufacturers, but they are generally meant for heavy equipment and even the smallest would be too large for your needs (ie, small ride-on excavators and dozers). Another possibility, but still likely too large, are tracks meant for snowmobiles (also called snow machines).

Also snow blower tracks: http://www.build.com/ariens-72600500-track-drive-assembly/p2058533?source=gba_2058533

rahulvyas

haha 599$ is cheap for you? never thought of that.

cr0sh

Personally, I think it is rather expensive, but it is an interesting option. Another option is to look into track manufacturers for "power wheelbarrows" and such (some of them use tracks) - but I doubt you're going to find that any cheaper...
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Chagrin

Compared to the ~$7000 robot in the picture you linked I'd say it was cheap ;) but now that you have an idea of how expensive even the smallest track/wheel systems cost you might look a bit harder at making your own.

Go Up