Go Down

Topic: What was your first wav? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Palliser

Nov 04, 2012, 03:39 pm Last Edit: Nov 04, 2012, 03:43 pm by Palliser Reason: 1
Has someone tested the SimpleAudioPlayer sketch with DUE? If so, what was your chosen wav file?
I expect to receive by mail my DUE next week and my first wav file will be Funiculì, Funiculà by Turco/Denza!

ESLEagleEye

Yes! I've tested the SimpleAudioPlayer with Nirvanas "Smells Like Teen Spirit". It works pretty awesome!!!

solletichino999

cr0sh

Aww - here I was thinking this was going to be "what was the first digitized audio you ever made"; kinda disappointed!

Oh well - here's mine: Way back in the mid-1980s, Radio Shack used to have a magazine dedicated to their microcomputer systems they sold. Inside one of the issues was a little machine language program that you could put on a Color Computer 2 (which I owned, thanks to my parents) that would turn on the cassette tape motor, read in a second or so of sound, digitize it to memory (like at 1-2 bits per sample - it was pretty awful), then play it back out the TV speaker. It sounded terrible; I don't remember what I sampled first, but it was likely my Styx Roboto tape...

Ok, some of you old farts out there - surely someone here digitized some sound to punch cards or something, right?
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

franceslup

Where can i find this sketch? on my mac i can't find it in the ide...

Palliser

Hello Frances:

On the Arduino 1.5 IDE
Tools -> Board -> Arduino Due (Native USB Port)
then
File -> Examples -> Audio -> SimpleAudioPlayer

Regards

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy