Go Down

Topic: Shrinkify Arduino Project (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic

Coding Badly

Nov 12, 2012, 07:51 pm Last Edit: Dec 13, 2012, 06:05 am by Coding Badly Reason: 1
I've never had any problems without caps or pull-up so I left them out.

In that case, I have a tiger repelling rock to sell you.

io53

I've never had any problems without caps or pull-up so I left them out.

In that case, I have tiger repelling rock to sell you.

Please send it so I can try it out first. I'm pretty sure that it will work great here in Finland, but you never know. Anyway, if I ever where to use that thing I will solder a pull-up on the back to make you happy, but not a cap! Living on the edge!   :%

cjdelphi

my bad - i saw "shrinkify" only a few hours earlier did i come across "how to shrinkify your arduino" via a youtube vid, i presumed you were using an Attiny, my bad.

well, there's plenty of options, shift registers are the best way to go if all you're doing is reading a bunch of high/low signals.

kylem

Is it the functionality you want 'gone'.. or just simply a smaller footprint of the 'Arduino board/brain'?

Maybe using a different/smaller Arduino circuit will help?

something like this perhaps:

green one is a commercial kit (about $10 bucks or so).. lacks any voltage regulation..

the other one is my home made, DIY home brew/etched version..

Please can you send me the link for these

bperrybap

Ardweeny is smaller.
http://www.thekanes.org/2010/04/16/ardweeny-adventures-part-one/
Lots of places carry them.

Teensy is also smaller.
My preference is for the Teensy boards.

--- bill

kylem

Ardweeny is smaller.
http://www.thekanes.org/2010/04/16/ardweeny-adventures-part-one/
Lots of places carry them.

Teensy is also smaller.
My preference is for the Teensy boards.

--- bill

i would still like to use the standard atmega328p chip

CrossRoads

www.solarbotics.com - the ardweeny originator?
"And Mr. Kimio Kosaka's "One-Chip-Arduino" project inspired us to develop the Ardweeny; the smallest Arduino you can solder yourself with through-hole components!"
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

CrossRoads

Atmega328P-PU is the standard chip. The kind of board you put it on does not matter too much.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

kylem

Is it the functionality you want 'gone'.. or just simply a smaller footprint of the 'Arduino board/brain'?

green one is a commercial kit (about $10 bucks or so).. lacks any voltage regulation..

the other one is my home made, DIY home brew/etched version..

Ideally i think this is the one that im needing

xl97

All the advice got before this is 'correct'...

the solarbotics one is pretty neat too!..

one is 'mine'  (I home brew/etched it)..

the other is one by:

Anatools.com I believe..

(he used to even sell them on ebay if I recall)

**keep in mind this one has NO VOLTAGE REGULATOR **

so it can ONLY take a regulated 5v

CrossRoads

"so it can ONLY take a regulated 5v"

Or 3 AA batteries...
Or a 3.7V LiPo battery for 3.3V/8MHz operation...

xl97

sorry.. correct.  'up to'  :)

still there is no voltage regulator..so you must watch that it doesnt go over the max rating of 5v..

if you want to run at 8MHz.. you'll need to change out the 16MHz resonator as well.

kylem

sorry.. correct.  'up to'  :)

still there is no voltage regulator..so you must watch that it doesnt go over the max rating of 5v..

if you want to run at 8MHz.. you'll need to change out the 16MHz resonator as well.

Hi.
Could you please send me the schematics and board design if possible :)

molahs

@xl97 that is a cool board. If you're sharing the schematics I'd love to get a copy as well.
Thanks in advance.

fungus

Ideally i think this is the one that im needing

How about this one: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=arduino+pro+mini

Under $4 for a small-footprint Mega328 device with voltage regulator, etc. It's simply not worth making your own these days...
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Go Up