Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Work For Hire $$$ - 1 lcd , 1 keypad ,1 step motor ,  (Read 1418 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

i need someone to help me doing an automatic length stop with a digital read out ,
a lenght stop :http://www.promac.co.uk/visual-rf.aspx

so i need to entrer a distance (example : 605.55 in mm) the stop will move to that position(conversion of the distance in steps depending on the step motor step angle etc ),a single dimensions will be processed at a time .

an lcd to show the input , the actual position , the target position ,

will be 2 mode of inputs , the absolute position ,or the relative position

absolute position is related to the origin and relative postion is related to the actual position.

the keypad 4X4 matrix

maybe  2 limit switches to reset the length stop position .
 the length of the machine is maxim 3000 mm

with a ball screw can achieve 0.01 mm per step and i dont need more then that for a mitre saw .

the hardware is not fixed and you can choose whatever you want .
optional maybe command for a relay after the destination is reached (blocking the stop at the desired position).

hope is clear enough, if not let me know i will try to clarify.

if you can do it let me know since i cant , im stuck in the conversion of the input from the keypad to something  that i can use for the calculation of the steps
this is not for free i will pay for it after conclusion that is what i need and is working.
best regards and thanks in advance.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

the hardware is not fixed and you can choose whatever you want .
Some of it is, isn't it? Like the ball screw hardware?

Where are you located? Something like this would be a lot simpler if you were close.

Miers 46500 France
EmbeddedAT .. From Concept to Prototype to Production
View Profile

Some more information on the User Interface would be good a 4x4 keyboard it a bit open considering the you want the values to be absolute or relative, you need a way to select this using the interface.

Are yo expecting the "steps" of the motor to give you a position based on a fixed calibration point, can the movement be actuated manually, if so then the "step" counter will be out. An encoder wheel on the drive shaft is a better option or a stepper motor with a built in encoder wheel.

I have sent you a PM with some of my other work listed. If I can be of some help please drop me a PM or send to my personal email .

Cheers Pete.

Electronics and firmware design and project mentoring

View Profile

Some more information on the User Interface would be good a 4x4 keyboard it a bit open considering the you want the values to be absolute or relative, you need a way to select this using the interface.

Are yo expecting the "steps" of the motor to give you a position based on a fixed calibration point, can the movement be actuated manually, if so then the "step" counter will be out. An encoder wheel on the drive shaft is a better option or a stepper motor with a built in encoder wheel.

I have sent you a PM with some of my other work listed. If I can be of some help please drop me a PM or send to my personal email .

Cheers Pete.
the ball screw is a 2 mm pitch ,and the motor is 1.8 deg/step

Miers 46500 France
View Profile

Hello,

Thanks for the PM.

OK like i have already said I need more information. There are parts of your requirement missing. Pitch of thread and deg of rotation per step are not really of a great deal of relevance to the way you want to program the system in terms of the user interface with the LCD and the 4x4 keyboard. from the information you have supplied all I can work out is that there are 100 steps per mm but you already know that.

I need to know what hardware you have

• what motor do you have
  • what stepper motor driver do you have
  • what LCD module do you have and its interface I.E. UART/SPI/parralel
  • what 4x4 keypad do you have
  • what Arduino variant do you have

in addition i need to know your time scale expectations

Once I have all of this information then I can start to give you an idea of development costs.

Cheers Pete.

Electronics and firmware design and project mentoring

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: