Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: WS2811 and ATTiny85?  (Read 5291 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Any idea how to get this working with the 800khz WS2812s?

I've got tons of them, and no matter what I try I can't get the adafruit neopixel code to compile for the tiny85, but this code works great (with the old generation pixels)

I'm trying to get it working with the new gen ones too, but can't figure out the changes that are needed for the faster timing

View Profile

Hi Nico,

Did you finish this project ? I'm trying to do exactly the same thing (i.e. controlling remotely WS2811 led strips with music) but i'm not finding any informations on that. However, I'm less regarding in the cost so I could go on more expensive setups (jeenode ?)

I would be very interested to know how you did that.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:11:13 am by TranceGeniK » Logged

View Profile

I am going to combine this with nrf24l01 radio modules and make it part of my DMX tx/rx system

Code:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=208648.msg1817569#msg1817569

I have been looking to do this for sometime, and with using the nrf2401 with an ATTin85 there is only one pin left to use (apart from reset) it seems perfect to use it to drive WS2801's

I am thinking of putting just 3 WS2811 together wired to do the same colours etc, so that my little box becomes a completely wireless, battery operated, 24million colour RGB pixel !! I also got waterproofboxes to so I can put them outside if I want to !!

while (z--) { snore; }

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

I have been looking to do this for sometime, and with using the nrf2401 with an ATTin85 there is only one pin left to use

How did you connect a nrf2401 with only 4 pins?

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

View Profile

I am trying to get a fix from this on another thread, but essentially I was going down this route...

http://cratel.wichita.edu/blogs/eecsfinalreportspr2013homeautoframework/assembly/

This person has connected CE from the nrf to ground so that it is always in receive mode - I dont know if this works or not

* Blinds-Module.png (53.74 KB, 948x778 - viewed 18 times.)

while (z--) { snore; }

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

This person has connected CE from the nrf to ground so that it is always in receive mode - I dont know if this works or not

It definitely won't work if you connect it to GND. That would lock it in standby-I mode.

It might work if you connect it HIGH and you only ever need receive mode. I never tried it ... (maybe I should)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 05:45:36 am by fungus » Logged

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

PS: 6V to power the Tiny85?

There's a lot of very suspect things on that page.

View Profile

I know, I would like to get to the bottom of this ATTiny85 spare pin thing, I have a serious application smiley

while (z--) { snore; }

View Profile

I also found this... http://nerdralph.blogspot.ca/2014/01/nrf24l01-control-with-3-attiny85-pins.html which only uses 3 lines to drive a nrf24l01 from a ATtiny85.. worth a read I think.. and possibly a few experiments !!

smiley

while (z--) { snore; }

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

I also found this... http://nerdralph.blogspot.ca/2014/01/nrf24l01-control-with-3-attiny85-pins.html which only uses 3 lines to drive a nrf24l01 from a ATtiny85.. worth a read I think.. and possibly a few experiments !!

3 pins....plus a load of external components.

If you're going to do that you might as well use a Tiny84. It'll be smaller overall and you'll have more pins left over.

View Profile

one resistor. one diode, one cap... I dont need the LED as I am running from 3.3-3.6v

Thats NOT 'loads' of external components to me  smiley-fat

while (z--) { snore; }

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

one resistor. one diode, one cap... I dont need the LED as I am running from 3.3-3.6v

Thats NOT 'loads' of external components to me  smiley-fat

Well, OK, not "loads"...

View Profile

I have 2 x ATTiny85's with NRF24L01 working as a TX/RX pair now..
Tonight I will be starting work on the WS2812 led....
wish me luck !

while (z--) { snore; }

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: