Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: VGA library - now with TV output  (Read 28662 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi for high resolution it' simple you simply use R G B directly to the SPI MOSI

For color low res, I dont have the module with me since i'm not home, but check out the resistor value on the board and place the RED BITS in so it match le library reqirement same for GREEN. For the blue part, i was satisfy by using the 2 lowest pin BLUE 1 AND 2, but you might want to try all the combination. But one thing is for sure, the library only handle 2 BLUE and not 3.
Thank you! If it wasn't for your straight forward answer I would be still looking for advice to be sure I wouldn't fry my Due  smiley-mr-green
I tried as you said, discarding the B0 and worked straight forward. I will try switching between the B pins just to see the changes.
Now I am going to try the monochrome hi-res output. This module is great!

You mentioned something about the PS/2 keyboard messing up the video output... did you find a way to circunvent this? does that happen both in colour and monochrome?
Thanks again!

Just in case anybody else has this module, this is the wiring I used for the colur mode:

ModulePin DuePin
VGA_R2   41
VGA_R1   40
VGA_R0   39

VGA_G2   38
VGA_G1   37
VGA_G0   36

VGA_B2   35
VGA_B1   34
VGA_B0   Not connected

VGAHS   43
VGAVS   42
GND GND
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 10:13:46 pm by est_cap » Logged

Québec
God Member
Hey bien!
View Profile

Not yet, but I'm working on it, that is why i'm passing the word along to try to put as many people as possible on the case.

It's working, but the image skip while receiving the data. i use 3.3v to power on the keyboard by the way, to protect the Due

As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain...

Québec
God Member
Hey bien!
View Profile

In lower resolution, the problem is not as bad, but still there. Like I said, my hypothese is that it use an interrupt on the DUE to catch the clock signal of the keyboard.

As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain...

View Profile

I remember having this kind of issue with my other arduinos (Mega 2560 and NanoR3) using TVOut.
Using the PS2 library would cause the TVOut crash completly (not just flicker as you say it happens in this library)

In this thread http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,75608.0.html the author states the issue without solution.
Could it be possible for the Due to use other techinque rather than interupt based? I don't know most of the extra features the Due has, but I guess there might be other way.

Québec
God Member
Hey bien!
View Profile

I was thinking that including the scheduler in these operation could fix the thing. i just did not have time to try it yet. The multi tasking aspect has to be the solution.

View Profile

I was thinking that including the scheduler in these operation could fix the thing. i just did not have time to try it yet. The multi tasking aspect has to be the solution.
Do you think using a 2nd Arduino (Nano) to read the PS/2 signals and sending via Serial would evade the problem?
Connecting the GNDs pins of both Arduino would damage them if they are connected to same power source? (in the VGA module, I think the PS/2 and VGA GNDs pins are joint)

Québec
God Member
Hey bien!
View Profile

Yeah that was my second bet. I mean to use a 3$ MINI 3.3volt 8mhz as a keyboard controler. This kind of Arduino also use 3.3volt so no need to use a level shifter. 

The gps example in the library show that the usage of the serial port does not bother the display.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:01:40 pm by Frédéric_Plante » Logged

Québec
God Member
Hey bien!
View Profile

Yeap I confirm, if you use a Nano you will need a level converter, and if you use a Mini 3.3volt, you can hook straigt the two Arduino

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Jump to: