Go Down

Topic: Bluetooth LE + DUE anyone have working setup? (Read 137 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello - I'm trying to find out if anyone has been successful using an Bluetooth LE shield with the DUE. I see the redbear labs product sold on makershed claims its compatible but there are not many details online. The few notes I did find are quite old and claim it can be made to work using a different version of library. Open to suggestions on other sheilds/breakout boards.

I've had some success with this nRF51822-based board from Seeed:

It only has four GPIO pins, though, but that's all I needed, and it's really small.

I used the MBED web 'IDE' to code/build, and this to program it:

Did you use it as a UART passthrough?

I'm ordered the adafruit bluefruit LE UART I can get them for >$17 and I can't find any reason it wouldn't work considering it interfaces via UART. I don't think my use of bluetooth requires anything that can't be done that way.

I used it for a Bluetooth MIDI interface, so very similar to a UART, just with a different service/profile and some special message handling.

Before deciding which one to get, it's worth being clear on how you're going to program it e.g. J-Link + software, MBED + suitable interface (like the Seeed one I mentioned), and whether you need to buy anything extra.

gutbag, Is it possible to programm this "Tiny BLE" with the Arduino IDE? I´m thinking about if it does take sense for me to buy it or not.. and how difficult would be to programm it by using the MBED IDE.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131