Go Down

Topic: Building a CAN API for Arduino DUE (Read 138 times) previous topic - next topic

jspobuk

variant.c    CAN Pin Descriptions

-Lines 234 and 235 contain CANRX0 (68) and CANTX0 (69)
-Lines 281 and 282 contain CANRX1 (88) and CANTX1 (89)
-Line 286 contains function call of all pins in CAN0 (90)
-Line 288 contains function call of all pins in CAN1 (91)

variant.h     CAN Pin Definitions
- Line 157 defines CANRX (68)
- Line 158 defines CANTX (69)
- Line 164 defines CAN1RX (88)
- Line 165 defines CAN1TX (89)
- Line 168 defines PINS_CAN0 (90)
- Line 170 defines PINS_CAN1 (91)

There are other descriptions/definitions for the CAN transceiver pins but if your variant files contain the information above, you have the right variant files.
[/quote]

I apparently did not have the right variant files.  I looked on github and just copied and pasted from the CAN branch updated by cmaglie.  Is there other files I should be worried about?  It's still only showing the initial "Type CAN message to send" with no response to what I type and send.

Thanks
Pacific Electro-Mechanical Inc. - Honolulu -

Palliser

Apr 10, 2013, 08:55 pm Last Edit: Apr 10, 2013, 08:58 pm by Palliser Reason: 1
Hello jspobuk,

Copy the variant files attached below (they are the same files in github CAN branch):

Then paste them to your Arduino files under the 'arduino_due_x' folder:

...\arduino-1.5.2-windows\arduino-1.5.2\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x\

Let me know.

EDIT: These variant files should replace the current ones in your computer.

Sherlock3112

A few pictures from today's testing. Seems to be going well so far...

Just need to get a suitable power supply for the arduino plumbed into the car and decide what other features I want to get in.

Palliser

Hello Sherlock3112.

Thank you for posting pictures of your project! A kind of CAN/XBEE/Ethernet/PC system I assume.
About the PC software, it looks interesting. Formula Student 2013. Could you tell us a bit about your interface .NET?

Sherlock3112

Yeah, using VB .NET with the NI measurement studio to make the gauges/graphing a bit easier. The ethernet shield is only in there for the SD card slot atm until I get hold of one of the newer wireless shields.

Go Up