Go Down

Topic: Itead, Members with Experience... (Read 15 times) previous topic - next topic

skootles

I too worry about the iMall transition. Not sure why it was needed, what it fixed. I have an order in production now, let's see what happens.

They've been going through that "transition" since I started ordering PCBs from them many, many months ago and there's never been any issue on my end. I wouldn't worry.

codlink

I order from OSH Park and Itead on the same day within an hour of each other. 

I received my Boards from OSH Park over a week ago and still waiting on Itead.

The last 2 batches of boards from OSH Park though have silkscreen missing.  No idea why some of the screen is missing, no overlapping, or touching anywhere.  I have emailed Laen a few days ago and haven't heard anything from him, so I will be using Itead from now on if the boards are correct.
//LiNK

CrossRoads

imall has been working for me, with at least 3 orders completed recently.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Constantin

The last 2 batches of boards from OSH Park though have silkscreen missing.  No idea why some of the screen is missing, no overlapping, or touching anywhere.  I have emailed Laen a few days ago and haven't heard anything from him, so I will be using Itead from now on if the boards are correct.

I wonder, did you verify with one of the gerber viewers out there that your board is rendering correctly? For example, iTead only prints the tNames and bNames layer, whereas I like to print the values of the parts next to them... so I have to manually explode the parts, delete the identifier, and then re-do the value to be part of the tName layer. I find the online gerber viewer pretty good.

codlink

Yes, I have verified it with viewers.  OSHPark has it's own viewer as well.

Really, the silk doesn't bother me as much as someone not returning emails.  I am a firm believer of customer service.  If they don't want to bother with helping someone, than I don't bother using their service.

All I asked Laen was why is only some of the silk wasn't printed.  I am still new with PCB Fab and designing and figured it was something stupid that I did wrong or didn't do at all. 

Before Eagle I used Fritzing, I never had any trouble with OSH Park's boards.  Was making me wonder what I was doing differently. 

But, like I said the silk that is missing is no big deal because they are for me to use anyway, so no one else will see them.
//LiNK

Go Up