Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Itead, Members with Experience...  (Read 15486 times)
New York
xronosclock.com
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Did you make sure that your CAM file had that layer highlighted when you generated the Gerbers?  I did that once.. 
I think so.. I just checked Gerber files (that I sent to iTead) with Viewplot (Gerber viewer) and bottom text is there... Weird. Gotta ask iTead support about it...

Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info smiley

Peoples Republic of Cantabrigia
God Member
Arduino happiness
View Profile

Did you make sure that your CAM file had that layer highlighted when you generated the Gerbers?  I did that once.. 

Fwiw, if you use Eagle,  iteadstudio is nice enough to publish a DRU File to ensure that your design is good to go, as well as a CAM processor file to ensure that the proper layers are printed/processed.  Now if only eagle was easier to use (I find the cam process completely backwards, for example).

After 'printing' your Gerber files, the online Gerber viewer will let you see exactly what will be transmitted to the pcb fabrication house.

New York
xronosclock.com
View Profile

Fwiw, if you use Eagle,  iteadstudio is nice enough to publish a DRU File to ensure that your design is good to go, as well as a CAM processor file to ensure that the proper layers are printed/processed.  Now if only eagle was easier to use (I find the cam process completely backwards, for example).

After 'printing' your Gerber files, the online Gerber viewer will let you see exactly what will be transmitted to the pcb fabrication house.
I've used their cam processor, but I didn't see online Gerber viewer on their site. Do you have URL?

Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info smiley

Peoples Republic of Cantabrigia
God Member
Arduino happiness
View Profile

I've used their cam processor, but I didn't see online Gerber viewer on their site. Do you have URL?

Hi Bratan, I use the online Gerber-Viewer. I am sure there are others, but so far, the results I saw on this web site have yet to deviate from what I eventually got from itead/iMall or OSH Park.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I use the free viewer at viewplot.com. Will  open all 13 files that the itead .cam file makes.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Dubuque, Iowa, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

GerbV (http://gerbv.geda-project.org/) works well for me on Linux. Have not used the Windows version but it's available.

St. Leonards-on-Sea, E. Sussex, UK.
Ancient developer
View Profile

I've used GC-Prevue for years.

My latest boards from ITead arrived in the UK a couple of days ago, I should get them tomorrow.

Order was placed March 5th. I haven't ordered from them for some time, they used to take two weeks or less.

Leon Heller
G1HSM

Smithfield, Rhode Island
God Member
View Profile

I have had great service using these guys:

http://www.internationalcircuits.com/

You can price your order on their site easily, and depending upon your board size and quantity, it can be a very good deal.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I have used internationalcircuits also, I have found their pricing is better for larger quantities.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

New York
xronosclock.com
View Profile

I use the free viewer at viewplot.com. Will  open all 13 files that the itead .cam file makes.
Thanks! I checked with both viewplot and Online gerber viewer. GBO layer is there and shows back silkscreen correctly. Looks like iTead messed up smiley-sad  I sent them e-mail hopefully they'll respond.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

The times they've marked mine on the bottom it's turned out well:

Do you have pic's of yours?

New York
xronosclock.com
View Profile

Sure do smiley Front is ok, but not a mark on the back layer. Yet it's there when viewed via Online Gerber viewer...

* 20130331_233013.jpg (56.91 KB, 500x449 - viewed 31 times.)

* gerber.png (38.67 KB, 917x617 - viewed 41 times.)

* 20130331_233355.jpg (91.54 KB, 500x491 - viewed 37 times.)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:35:54 pm by bratan » Logged

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

So you're missing XRONOS 1.1 on the back? Could have been left off by accident I suppose.

New York
xronosclock.com
View Profile

So you're missing XRONOS 1.1 on the back? Could have been left off by accident I suppose.
Yeah that's my thoughts too. It came out just fine with OSH Park smiley  I got response from Sunny btw, he basically just said that text should be min 6x32 mil (mine was 86 mil)... So I'll be sending my next batch to them, and hopefully it will get all printed smiley

BHZ, MG, Brazil
Android developer; Arduino enthusiast
View Profile

My 10 5x5 boards arrived this week. They were just as I expected - nothing more, nothing less.

I like the quality of the boards, and I like the fact that some text with really a tiny font is very readable.

Since it took 60+ days from order to delivery, I'll be ordering my next batch very soon. This was my very first experience outsourcing (90's trend word!) PCB production, and I am very glad with it.

Learn to live: Live to learn.
Showing off my work: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,126197.0.html

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Jump to: