Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Itead, Members with Experience...  (Read 14659 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

60+ days? Where are you located? I see boards in about 3 weeks in the US.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

BHZ, MG, Brazil
Android developer; Arduino enthusiast
View Profile

60+ days? Where are you located? I see boards in about 3 weeks in the US.

I am in Brazil.

the problem is that my order took about 10-12 days to go into production. Then several more days to be shipped. It took a while until it arrived in Brazil, and once it did, it was held in customs for a week. Here is the tracking history for my iTead package. As you can see it took 3 weeks alone in the mail.

The problem with Brazil is that there are only 3 customs offices in the whole country that deal with mail imports. Not only they are flooded with work, but they are ill-equiped (2 of them don't have a tracking system) and the custom officers are really slow.

Learn to live: Live to learn.
Showing off my work: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,126197.0.html

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Wow, that is awful.  I see a marketing opportunity for you - in-country PCB manufacturing smiley

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

St. Leonards-on-Sea, E. Sussex, UK.
Ancient developer
View Profile

My recent order with ITead was delivered two days ago (April 2). They received the order on March 5, and posted the boards on March 14.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:37:33 pm by Leon Heller » Logged

Leon Heller
G1HSM

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

April 2?  Hard to get boards before you order them smiley-wink

View Profile

I've been pricing my board with itead... 2x2.5"  My board isn't exactly 10cm x 10cm dimensions.

So I'd have to use ITead's Small Batch 10x10cm order option...
50pcs, Red, 1.6mm, Lead Free HASL, 100% etest = $155   = $3.10 per board
shipping? .... who knows... 3 weeks?

Using my other supplier, PCBCart... 2x2.5"
50pcs, Red, 1.6mm, Lead Free HASL, 100% etest = $130.47 = $1.63 per board  <---- and this already includes a $48.97 one-time tooling charge!
Turnaround time... 8 days.

If I re-order 50pcs of the same boards again, iTead will cost me another $155 again.
Reordering from PCBCart the same board, will cost $48.97

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

I only get $130 with itead for 100x100mm Red soldermask, $2.60/card.
Probably $26 for DHL shipping with itead.  No seperate tooling charging.
Would be under 3 weeks, DHL does not have the long delivery time that US Registered mail has in clearing customs.

130/50 = 2.60, not sure how you got $1.63

I've not used PCB cart, or colored soldermask generally, let me know how it goes.

Checking out their pricing:
50 pieces 100mm x 100mm, no colored solder mask, price comes out to $2.85/card.
Plus $57 for tooling, which is over $1.14 per card. I suppose after enough orders that would amortize down.
Be hard to get under $2.60 tho.

Red solder mask: price jumps to $2.96/card, plus $77 for one time fee.
$2.82 for longer shipping.

Smaller card, yes, I could see that would save some vs itead's flat rate pricing for their "up-to" sizing.
I don't see a way except by trial and error to work out what board size you'd have to come down to be under itead's 100x100mm flat price.

St. Leonards-on-Sea, E. Sussex, UK.
Ancient developer
View Profile

I've been pricing my board with itead... 2x2.5"  My board isn't exactly 10cm x 10cm dimensions.

So I'd have to use ITead's Small Batch 10x10cm order option...
50pcs, Red, 1.6mm, Lead Free HASL, 100% etest = $155   = $3.10 per board
shipping? .... who knows... 3 weeks?

Using my other supplier, PCBCart... 2x2.5"
50pcs, Red, 1.6mm, Lead Free HASL, 100% etest = $130.47 = $1.63 per board  <---- and this already includes a $48.97 one-time tooling charge!
Turnaround time... 8 days.

If I re-order 50pcs of the same boards again, iTead will cost me another $155 again.
Reordering from PCBCart the same board, will cost $48.97

Boards don't have to be 10 cm x 10 cm! My recent order for 3" x 1.6" boards cost me $22 for 12 boards, plus $5.59 for postage.

Leon Heller
G1HSM

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

7.6cm x 4cm, falls into the 10-lot 5cm x 10cm size,  $22 plus shipping.

So not a whole lot of difference. Find a supplier you like, stick with them until you get screwed.
Itead just shipped 50 cards to CA to be assembled, and am about to order some more. I'm happy with them.

View Profile

130/50 = 2.60, not sure how you got $1.63

Wonky math. I forgot to incorporate the tooling cost.

Here's their table.

* pcbcart.gif (26.78 KB, 952x486 - viewed 41 times.)

New York
xronosclock.com
View Profile

Just placed another order with iTead. Whatever the problem they had with ordering system, now seems to be fixed. I immediately got e-mail and my ordered showed in their system smiley

Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Jump to: