Go Down

Topic: vernier conductivity probe (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

vp28

good day! how can I interface the vernier conductivity probe (manual here: http://www2.vernier.com/booklets/con-bta.pdf) to an arduino?

i mean, how can i interpret the voltage generated by the conductivity probe and convert it to conductivity?
specifically, how can I convert the VOLTAGE to CONDUCTIVITY with respect to the manual? I'm using the 0 - 200 uS range.

program draft:
//////
int inputPin = 0;
float conductivity = 0;

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  analogReference(DEFAULT);
}

void loop()
{
  int samples = 20;
  int aRead = 0; 

for (int i = 0; i < samples ; i++)
  {
    aRead += analogRead(inputPin);
  }
  float voltage = 5.0 * aRead/ (1023.0 * samples);

// how to convert VOLTAGE to CONDUCTIVITY with respect to the manual? I'm using the 0 - 200 uS range.

delay(2000);
}
/////

please help. THANK YOU!

pylon

The document you linked to does not contain the information about how the conductivity is expressed in the voltage. I would assume that it's range to range (0-5V = 0-200uS) but why don't you just try?

MarkT

That document says nothing about the (proprietry) interface - some better documentation or reverse engineering is required.  Do you
have any of the devices it is normally connected to?
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

liudr

Very bad interface to find parts in Americas. Maybe on in Europe especially in UK. There is a DIN-5 to BTA-A adapter you want to buy so you can use DIN-5 hardware, so much easier to get. Also get the BTA-A breadboard kit if you want.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy