Go Down

Topic: arduino + usb webcam? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

conradin

Hi All,
I have a software I am working on that takes spectra based on image data. What i want to do, is deploy my spectrometers remotely, and collect image data for a while.
I have an arduino Uno, and the SD card / Ethernet shield. I want to set up the usb web-cam to periodically take a picture of a fixed size, and quality, and save it to the SD card, with a time stamp(?) is this possible? Can someone give me some leads?

I saw the posts on the cmos cam thing... that was useless. Please don't point me there.

PeterH

Hi All,
I have a software I am working on that takes spectra based on image data. What i want to do, is deploy my spectrometers remotely, and collect image data for a while.
I have an arduino Uno, and the SD card / Ethernet shield. I want to set up the usb web-cam to periodically take a picture of a fixed size, and quality, and save it to the SD card, with a time stamp(?) is this possible? Can someone give me some leads?

I saw the posts on the cmos cam thing... that was useless. Please don't point me there.

I don't know how spectrometers come into this, but what you're describing above could be achieved by a camera triggered by a timer. You may be able to find a camera that can be configured to do that, if not you should be able to find one that can be triggered electrically and use your Arduino to trigger it.

You haven't explained where the Ethernet comes in, either. If you hope to retrieve the pictures by Ethernet then consider getting Ethernet web cams (rather than USB web cams) and doing the image capture at a central PC. This is easily achieved using freely available time lapse software.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Go Up