Go Down

Topic: Arduino + multiple multiplexers (74HC238) problem (Read 3334 times) previous topic - next topic

ckaos

Thanks a lot Mike!
In particular for that trick of using the software to enhance the pulldown, in the end i solved the problem hardware side, but it is likely to come in handy later in the project.

I agree with you completely on the unconventionality of the design and its problems. I  had come to the same conclusion as you did regarding all the unpowered photodiodes pulling the line down, but actually after a lot of testing i found the major flaw of the design :
- i actually put only ONE pull down resistor at the  end of the data line.
- i tested putting a pull down at each sensor and it solved most of the problem!
-then i replaced the pull down resistors with "pull down capacitors" (bypass capacitors if i remember right) with a value of around 100 mFarards and it solved both the noise on the line, and the pulldown problem

Now the thing is , i still think i need to change the design, while i am still in the prototyping stage : i really  was trying to cut corners too much with the current design : so what i was thinking :
-switch back to analog multiplexers to get the values (which would be a "cleaner" solution: no problem there : i tested it on a breadboard works well
-problem is : i need to be able to power only a few of the photodiodes simultaniously since powering 350 of them constantly is impossible:
so any input on how i could do this is more than welcome (i though of either reusing  a modified version of my current system with a few of the sensors in parallel instead of individually powered, or perhaps a led driver? )

Any input is welcome, as always!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy