Go Down

Topic: Control Arduino over the internet (Read 842 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello all,

I'm interested in controlling my Arduino over the internet. I would like to put it in a different office and be able to control it over possibly a website or iPhone app. I have an Arduino UNO R3 and WifiShield.

Any ideas on how to go about doing this?

Thank in advance!!

strykeroz

Hi

There are dozens of examples & tutorials available online for how to do this (link to google search result).  What is it you need the Arduino to do in response?

Cheers ! Geoff
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse"
- retired astronaut Chris Hadfield

Thanks for the answer!

Basically, I work on the front end of a software company. Our developers are in a different state, and we think it would be funny if whenever something went wrong, to set off a red light. So all the board would do is turn the light on/off.

Do you have any thoughts/suggestions on how i'd go about doing this?

Thanks!!

jerseyguy1996

Use this example as it shows how to turn pins on and off over the internet.

http://bildr.org/2011/06/arduino-ethernet-pin-control/

I used this as the basis for a controller to turn lights and pumps on and off on my fishtank.  I can do it from anywhere in the world as long as I have an internet connection.  You will need to set up the arduino/ethernet shield combo as a webserver at the location where you will have the red "you screwed up" light.  Connect it to a router and enable port fowarding on the router to route all port(??) requests to the ip address of the ethernet shield.  I had a problem using Port(80) when I did mine because my ISP blocked it.  I used port(150) and it worked fine.  Just send commands over any web browser.
Arduino Uno;
Mega328

PaulS

Basically, I work on the front end of a software company.

Must be a bit of a disappointment to the company, if you need to ask for help on such a simple project.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy