Go Down

Topic: Can't get the Displaytech 204A-CC-BC-3LP working (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

liudr

If you flip your display around to see the bottom of the display, is there an indication of which pin is pin 1? I suspect you hooked up your display the wrong way, pin 1 was mistaken as pin 16. If you did it that way, you will still see the row of blocks, believe it or not.

mm8154

Well, I reversed the LCD pin order, and it didn't respond at all (not even the blocks appeared). I imagine it had to of been the correct orientation originally as otherwise the contrast adjustments wouldn't have been working.

However, believe it or not, after turning the LCD back around to its original position, "Hello world" magically appeared!!! Apart from a few missing dots in the first character (which presumably must be a hardware fault), I have a working LCD!

Thank you again for the help. I don't think I will ever know why it decided to work!

dhenry

I don't think I will ever know why it decided to work!

Faulty wiring.

mm8154

Thank you for the input, but the wiring is identical to the photo I posted earlier when the LCD wasn't working. Maybe a dodgy breadboard?

floresta

Maybe a dodgy breadboard?

I wish I had thought of that!

Don

Go Up