Missing info on hardware web pages

I may be a little slow on the uptake ...

The Arduino hardware page does not mention the types of connectors - in particular that you need a micro-USB connection. As this web page usually just gets cut-n-pasted into resellers web page, they will not mention you need one of those either. (Years ago with the Duemilanove - great notices to remember to get type-B USB cable) Possibly with enough surprised end users it will get there, eventually.

But it could be out on the Arduino web page now :slight_smile:

(Yes I mentioned this on another thread, but I thought it worthwhile to a seperate topic)

Whilst on the subject, I suggest the hardware page lists all the connectors (or on subpage with a picture with arrows/mouseovers). Comparing the Due to (f.ex) the Mega there are 4 more connectors, or put another way, the Mega had one header connector (ICSP), the Due has 4 (SPI, ICSP, DEBUG and one unlabled) apart from the double micro USB (with the label on the reverse side). Some, but not all, are mentioned on the page. Just a thought/suggestion :slight_smile:

Msquare:
Whilst on the subject, I suggest the hardware page lists all the connectors (or on subpage with a picture with arrows/mouseovers). Comparing the Due to (f.ex) the Mega there are 4 more connectors, or put another way, the Mega had one header connector (ICSP), the Due has 4 (SPI, ICSP, DEBUG and one unlabled) apart from the double micro USB (with the label on the reverse side). Some, but not all, are mentioned on the page. Just a thought/suggestion :slight_smile:

We already have pinout photo threads:

Yes we do, and that's just another indictment on the Arduino documentation.

Go to probably any other board's web site and there's a nice graphic of some kind showing the pinout of the connectors. Go to the Arduino website and you wind up downloading a schematic and mapping the pins to a data sheet.

EDIT:
Here's one I did for a board I'm working on at the moment

That took me all of 10 minutes to do. Why doesn't Arduino do something similar? Or at least use the photos linked to above.

Rob

Nantonos:
We already have pinout photo threads

Oh yes. Silly of me not to have found them with forum search. :wink:

I like those, copied them to my local datasheet folder.

Still think the web page could mention the micro-USB

Msquare:

Nantonos:
We already have pinout photo threads

Oh yes. Silly of me not to have found them with forum search. :wink:

I agree with your point (also made by Rob) that the official documentation should either contain this info, or link to it if it already exists.
Of those three pages, one is a sticky so easi(er) to find and the other two are not; I know about them because I started off those threads and mantain the graphics in the first post of each.

Msquare:
I like those, copied them to my local datasheet folder.

Glad you find them helpful.

Yeah nice job on those graphics.

Actually just looking at the Due one, can you add some indication of the high-current pins. I think that would be useful.

Rob

Graynomad:
Yeah nice job on those graphics.

Actually just looking at the Due one, can you add some indication of the high-current pins. I think that would be useful.

Will do.

Graynomad:

Yes we do, and that's just another indictment on the Arduino documentation.

Go to probably any other board's web site and there's a nice graphic of some kind showing the pinout of the connectors. Go to the Arduino website and you wind up downloading a schematic and mapping the pins to a data sheet.

EDIT:
Here's one I did for a board I'm working on at the moment

That took me all of 10 minutes to do. Why doesn't Arduino do something similar? Or at least use the photos linked to above.

Rob

How? With what programm?

I use Corel Draw, but any vector-based drawing program would be OK.

Rob

I've had a request for the Corel file so here's a link to the file for anyone interested.

www.robgray.com/temp/pinout.cdr

Rob

Graynomad:
I've had a request for the Corel file so here's a link to the file for anyone interested.

www.robgray.com/temp/pinout.cdr

Rob

Thanks