Go Down

Topic: Xbee series 2 (ZNET 2.5) (Read 296 times) previous topic - next topic

Paradigm

Dear All Expert,

I had 3 xBee shields series 2 and need to establise a mesh network on this 3 xBee. 1 been the COO and the other 2 been the router/end device.

I manage to set them up using X-CTU "Modem Configuration" and having all in the same PANID

The problem I faced now is to send command to individual router. I want my COO to turn ON/OFF certain digital IO pin of the router. How can I address any of the router? I dont want both router to received the command but sent to any one of them only.

I am using my COO on an Arduino UNO and each router is stand alone connected to a LED on DIO-0. I want my UNO to turn ON DIO-0 on router 1 when Pin 5 is pressed and router 2 when Pin 6 is pressed. What command must be inside my Sketch? I dont know how can I command router 1 and 2 sepearately. The command println("...."); to put in my code.

Can all expert pls advise. Thanks a lot for your help

PaulS

I dont know how can I command router 1 and 2 sepearately. The command println("...."); to put in my code.

The println() method (it is not a command) is not the appropriate method. Andrew Rapp wrote a library that allows any number of XBees to talk to each other, individually. You should look into it.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy