Go Down

Topic: Serial 57600 bps with GPIO not possible? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Osgeld

maybe the wrong part for the application, use a 644 or any of the other handful of arduino compatible chips with more than one hardware uart

acid

Nov 11, 2012, 09:05 am Last Edit: Nov 11, 2012, 06:23 pm by acid Reason: 1

maybe the wrong part for the application, use a 644 or any of the other handful of arduino compatible chips with more than one hardware uart

Price-wise 644 is much more expensive comparing with 328. Also I want to make sure that it's impossible to get 57600 bps on 328.

acid

Nov 11, 2012, 09:24 am Last Edit: Nov 11, 2012, 10:51 am by acid Reason: 1

Also, does your program work with slower update rates, like 4 Hz or 1 Hz ?

I've just tested with 1Hz, with the same simple program presented in first post. Error rate decreased, but still can see the red LED blinking like once per 10 sec. I just guess that this is related to the strange '@' char.

Update:
Indeed. Tested with Serial output (GPS 1Hz) and '@' character appears occasionally in the sentence(this time at random locations), overwriting the right character.

This is the list off erroneous sentences received through serial:
http://pastebin.com/DgDkygPR

Paul Stoffregen

Ouch.  Maybe it's a bug in AltSoftSerial?

Could you try sending the data from a PC to AltSoftSerial's receive pin at 57600, with the sketch sending it back to the serial monitor at 115200?

If that also shows the problem, could you please send me the exact code and specific details of the hardware, operating system, software versions and everything else you're using, so I can try to set up the same system here and see if I can reproduce the problem?

acid

I'm trying to do it now. I see you are trying to eliminate the possibility of GPS of sending wrong data, but again, if I connect GPS directly to PC, there is no error at all.

Go Up