Go Down

Topic: Serial 57600 bps with GPIO not possible? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Paul Stoffregen

Actually, I do believe the GPS is sending good data.

I simply don't have that GPS unit.... so I'm hoping for a test that I can reproduce here with the equipment I have.

acid

Got it. Will get you some result shortly.

acid

Paul, I think I have good news for you :) I was able to reproduce it with Serial2Serial scenario like you described and hit to same '@' symbol.
Let me summarize shortly.

acid

1. Arduino UNO as prototype platform with Arduino 1.0.1 IDE + Latest AltSoftSerial library
2. Exact code I copied from sketch

Code: [Select]
#include <AltSoftSerial.h>

AltSoftSerial altSerial;

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);
  altSerial.begin(57600);
}

void loop() {
if (altSerial.available()) {
    char c = altSerial.read();
    Serial.write(c);
  }
}

3. Windows 7 is operating system, but not sure how it may be related.
4. For Serial2Serial test I was using simple C# app I made (let me know if you will need it) which is sending the following pattern every 1 second.

Code: [Select]
            serialPort.WriteLine("$Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit *EA");
            serialPort.WriteLine("$Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerc *EB");
            serialPort.WriteLine("$Tia non ob ea soluad incommod quae egen ium improb fugiend *EC");

This time the characters are randomly replaced with '`' as you can see here
Note, that if text is little bit shorter, longer or maybe different, then '@' character appears.

Let me know if you need more information.
Thanks!

acid

After testing more, the problem is not consistent. Each time I reset the board, I get new type of data corruption. It's no more only '`'` and '@'. Randomly bytes are corrupted...

Hope you can solve it.

Go Up