Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: ITead Studio?  (Read 2739 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Anyone used this vendor? In some places, their website looks oddly like a copy of seeedstudio. Especially their PCB service, which is structured exactly like Seeed's Fusion service, which is currently my favorite way to get PCBs - but ITead's service is significantly cheaper.

Looking for feedback. It looks like they've only been around a few months.

Oslo, Norway
View Profile

I have ordered from them a couple of times, and I am very satisfied with them.

They are very quick to respond to email (should you ever need support).

/Henning

Arduino rocks
View Profile

That's good to hear.

I guess I'm also curious about if they have a relationship with Seeed? Besides the PCB service, they carry many of the same items, and the item descriptions are often worded very similarly.

Cape Town, South Africa
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I used them recently. Very good prices, and 2 weeks delivery to South Africa for US$6.

Also a FDTI2232 breakout for an odd $8. Cant really beat that!

I am very tempted to try their PCB service, but I have never designed one, but again, even if it is a mess, not much loss.

Anyways, I will definitely buy from them again  smiley

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

I guess I'm also curious about if they have a relationship with Seeed? Besides the PCB service, they carry many of the same items, and the item descriptions are often worded very similarly.

For all you know, maybe there's a "turnkey" business setup in/near Shenzhen where boardhouse/fab/electronics/bandaid/food zaibatsu-like companies all sell nearly the exact same package from the same software company (themselves) that sets up a website (using identical templates), funnels the orders back to the companies doing the manufacturing and shipping, the money back to other places (plus a bit for Party, ya know), leaving a little remainder for the guy running the place (who, if he gets "outta line" - is replaced by someone just as eager as he was).

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Hell, they probably install a virus on your box as well (not mine, tho - unless they've managed to figure out how to breach Thunderbird, Firefox, -and- *nix).

smiley-wink

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Anyone used this vendor? In some places, their website looks oddly like a copy of seeedstudio. Especially their PCB service, which is structured exactly like Seeed's Fusion service, which is currently my favorite way to get PCBs - but ITead's service is significantly cheaper.

Looking for feedback. It looks like they've only been around a few months.

Hi,
Thanks for your attention first.
Our webshop really just been around about 3 months smiley-wink
As we know, there are many similar studios set up recently -- because seeedstudio shows that this model is feasible ;D
Why the PCB service exactly like Seeed's Fusion service? because we use the same prototyping factory - this factory is famous in electronic hobbyist circle of China.

Thanks
Alex

Itead Studio - Make innovation easier

Arduino rocks
View Profile

For all you know, maybe there's a "turnkey" business setup in/near Shenzhen where boardhouse/fab/electronics/bandaid/food zaibatsu-like companies all sell nearly the exact same package from the same software company (themselves) that sets up a website (using identical templates), funnels the orders back to the companies doing the manufacturing and shipping, the money back to other places (plus a bit for Party, ya know), leaving a little remainder for the guy running the place (who, if he gets "outta line" - is replaced by someone just as eager as he was).
The Things you refer to always happen in consumer electronics market like cellphone,MP3 player , GPS and so on. But in the market of electronic components , because the products have not significant differentiation, so if use the same webshop platform you will find them like a copy-- Especially using the same template.

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

this factory is famous in electronic hobbyist circle of China.

Ah yes! I have heard good things about the famous electronic hobbyist factory in china

smiley-wink

on a personal note, I prefer innovation to clones, but I am a conscience buyer
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:13:47 pm by Osgeld » Logged

Arduino rocks
View Profile

on a personal note, I prefer innovation to clones, but I am a conscience buyer
;D Learning and Imitating is the beginning of innovation , we encourage innovation, we provide the high cost-effective platform and module accessories to hobbyist for learning and creating.
We are busy with several custom projects this month - like Computer POST Diagnostic Card. After that you will see many new products that designed by ourself except clones purchased from electronic market  smiley-razz

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 02:11:27 am by ITead » Logged

View Profile

ITead Studio has several cheap Arduino bare boards:

Arduino Uno Bare Board

Arduino Duemilanove Bare Board

Arduino Nano Bare Board

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

ITead Studio has several cheap Arduino bare boards:

Arduino Uno Bare Board
Somehow I doubt the validity of the "Made in Italy" silkscreen.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Learning and Imitating is the beginning of innovation , we encourage innovation

you can at least come up with your own pictures.  :-?
http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=35

http://blog.spitzenpfeil.org/wordpress/projects/8x8-rgb-led-matrix/

"The old Europe"
Edison Member
Bootloaders suck!
View Profile

Ah well...

If I were running a business selling these I might be pissed off, but I'm not. I do sell them, but just for fun and without any monetary profit to speak of.

I was just browsing their website looking at the PCB service and found mentioned image rather familiar and compared it to mine just to be sure. Seems like they like smilies as well. They could have asked permission to use it (and maybe they even should have), but in retrospective I would have said 'yes' anyways.

May the blue smiley bring them luck and good fortune - However, if the PCBs I've ordered don't turn out well, I might change my mind ┬
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:36:01 pm by madworm » Logged

• Upload doesn't work? Do a loop-back test.
• There's absolutely NO excuse for not having an ISP!
• Your AVR needs a brain surgery? Use the online FUSE calculator.
My projects: RGB LED matrix, RGB LED ring, various ATtiny gadgets...
• Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question, and the answer is NO!

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

I see. It's good to know. I bought a few things from Seeedstudio. Except for one thing I still don't have time to troubleshoot, everything else is working fine. But the routed edges are not very nice. Maybe the router bit was spending its last leg on that sensor board or something. The edges are kind of rough compared with boards I ordered from BatchPCB or my arduino. But I've never ordered PCB service from Seeedstudio, just sensors.

Can someone comment on their PCB service especially routing? Thanks.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

You may find "Macle im Itaiy". No kidding.  ;D

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Jump to: