Go Down

Topic: basic elevator project with 5 floor,7-segment display with converter (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

burak

hi everybody, i struggle to create an elevator project with 5 floor, but i will use an integrated circuit to decrease the number of the cables which go to arduino. The problem is i'm too newbie in this section so even if it's too basic project, i need a hand to complete it, so i'm waiting for ur helps and guides about the programming it and creating the circuit.

PaulS

You need to tell us a lot more about this project. How are you moving the car? Are there limit switches at each floor? Are there call buttons (up and down) at each floor? What Arduino are you using? Are there 7 segment displays at each floor?

What IC are you planning to use? How will that reduce the number of wires?

so i'm waiting for ur helps and guides about the programming it and creating the circuit.

Spelling help, too?

What problems are you having? What is the goal of the project?

Have you looked at how a real elevator is constructed/wired/controlled?

PaulS

We are to use the 7 segment display for the "passengers" to know which floor they are located.

Are you asking permission? You don't seem to have any other question. So, sure, we'll let you use the 7 segment display to show floor numbers.

iheartiris

sorry my posts wasn't clear.

The elevator will have 5 floors and to know which floor are you in we are to use 7-segment display. We are not to move any elevator car, we just have to simulate the panel, no motors will be needed. Aside from the push buttons that are to be used inside the elevator (for 5 floors) there will also be 2 call buttons (up and down).

thanks! :)

PaulS

If you don't actually move anything, then this program will be trivially simple. The elevator will always be on the first floor, so all you need to do is display a 1.

CheapB

If you don't actually move anything, then this program will be trivially simple. The elevator will always be on the first floor, so all you need to do is display a 1.

priceless....

Go Up