Go Down

Topic: Wireless doorbell (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

Lectere

Hey Guys,

Need some help with my project. My goal is to make a wireless doorbell.

This is the hardware I have:
-Arduino with Ethernet shield
-RX868SH-C3
-FS20 TK  (wireless doorbell on the FS20 protocol)

I've connected everything like this;

I've took this source code (http://www.jansipke.nl/res/arduino/TempHumid.pde) and uploaded to the Arduino. Modified it to report every package it recieves.

When I run the code, it does recieve the package, but only when I have the wireless doorbell within 20 centimeters of the reciever (RX868SH-C3).

I've tried some other FS20 devices, but no luck. Questions are:
-Anyone has simelair setup?
-Do I need to connect the RX868SH-C3 on the 5v or 3v?, they both seem to work...

Thanks for the help!

Zack_Johnston

Nov 12, 2012, 12:29 am Last Edit: Nov 12, 2012, 12:32 am by Zack_Johnston Reason: 1
Well, at least it works  XD...For a start, you might want to increase the antenna length by a lot....looks very short. Maybe you could have the antenna very close to the door, and very long. You might want to wrap the wire around the door frame.If I am mistaken, and you don't have one, then you might want to figure out a way to add one in. It always helps increase the distance of the reception for any wireless devices.

Lectere

I've tried a longer antenna, no luck... Also, normal FS20 should do 100 meters in the open.

So there must be something else going on here,

Zack_Johnston

Hmmm...Can you post the code? Maybe that will help...:)

Zack_Johnston

Ive done a similar project a while back, and I had to take the doorbell apart and make an antenna....You might want to try that. If its too delicate, then don't bother... :D

Go Up