Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: lcd menu  (Read 859 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am in need of an LCD menu and I would like a suggestion for a starting point.
I am currently working on a project where an lcd with 5 button lcd keypad is used to control an led matrix.
I need to create a menu to do this for me where it has pre-loaded display options and i can choose which one to output.
I am not asking for a hand out on this,all i would like is a starting point, maybe an existing lcd menu that i could adapt to my use.
-thanks
Junior

Venezuela
God Member
Ground, ground, always ground
View Profile

Take a look at the readme file of one Arduino LCD Menu posted by David Andrews at github. It looks pretty much what you are looking for. Regards.
https://github.com/DavidAndrews/Arduino_LCD_Menu

View Profile

cant get it to work with my lcd shield the sainsmart 1602

View Profile

ok so i got my display to work with the above linked menu by adapting the pin values in the code to match my lcd now i cant get the butons to work i am not sure as how to make that happen i have looked through the code and do not quite understand were to adjust if to fit my shield

i understand that is where i had to change values to get the display to work

//Edit your particular harware setup here - See LiquidCrystal documentation for details
const int LCDD7 = 7;
const int LCDD6 = 6;
const int LCDD5 = 5;
const int LCDD4 = 4;
const int LCDE  = 9;
const int LCDRS = 8;

but what should i look for to change it where it recognizes my button inputs from the shield as well
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:56:12 am by juniorhowell » Logged

Dee Why NSW
View Profile

It's easy to have a bad time with LCD shield as the pinouts vary a bit but, if you have that sorted, I think it is just a matter of the buttons.

I believe the buttons are always on pin A0, and it probably isn't a good idea to use A0 for anything else. You should see in your loop something like

adc_key_in = analogRead(0);    // read the value  on A0
  key = get_key(adc_key_in);  // convert into key press

and then a subroutine, possibly called get_key, which assigns a number to the value obtained, and I believe that is where your menu stuff goes.

View Profile

how do i set the values of the buttons so it recognizes which one is being pushed.

View Profile

from what i see its pulling it from one of the libraries defined at the top when i go to inspect those libraries to see where the menu is getting its input i am having no luck at finding where to edit the code to fit my device
anybody know of any one who has used this Arduino_LCD_Menu-Master before?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: