Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: nano and SPI  (Read 872 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

@robvoi

please be appreciative of the help you're getting. Nick is really helping you here.

BTW wikipedia is not a source of information about Arduino. There are several problems with their pages about Arduino but it's a pain to get them fixed.

m

Hi,

thanks for your response. I am glad about any help here.
I felt offended by more or less stating that I am too lazy to test things myself by by cross posting. Both is not true as explained in my answers. Sneding me PMs and blocking my responses doesn't help either.
Maybe it was just a language issue. So let's leave it as this.

I think it is clear now that SPI on a nano works (also thanks to AWOL - yes happy now  smiley ). The question what the statement about SPI on this official arduino page http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardNano means stays.

Thanks for the information.

Robert

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

The question what the statement about SPI on this official arduino page http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardNano means stays.
These pins support SPI communication, which, although provided by the underlying hardware, is not currently included in the Arduino language.
I take it to mean that, like I2C, there is/are no in-built simple function(s), like say "digitalRead/Write" or "analogRead/Write" to support SPI.
There is of course, an SPI library.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

View Profile

OK. That's an acceptable interpretation. Thanks. :-)

View Profile

HI,

just got my nano. SPI works fine with Pins 9 to 13.

Thanks again for the support.

Robert

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: