Help in using GPS/GSM shield !!

Hello
I want to know how i can save the path of an moving object for certain period of time (80 second for example) using GPS/GSM shield from arduino??

if i want to print this data (path) out from Arduino Mega2560, is it possible !! and how ?

Thanks

I want to know how i can save the path of an moving object for certain period of time (80 second for example) using GPS/GSM shield from arduino??

Is there some place on your shield where you can store data? Like, maybe an SD card?

if i want to print this data (path) out from Arduino Mega2560, is it possible

Yes.

and how ?

Serial.print().

I'm not sure if there is an SD or others, but if i want to record or save the data on microcontroller (of Arduino mega2560)!!

and about output the data (path), how to take it as hardcopy ? (maybe first using Serial.print())!!

I'm not sure if there is an SD or others

You didn't look?

but if i want to record or save the data on microcontroller (of Arduino mega2560)!!

You've got 8K of SRAM. You can save some data. Whether you can save 80 seconds worth depends on how often you are saving (once a second, once every 10 seconds, etc.) and how much data you are saving each time.

and about output the data (path), how to take it as hardcopy ? (maybe first using Serial.print())!!

What path are you talking about? If you are talking about GPS data, there is NO path. There are bunch of discrete latitude and longitude values.

There is no SD or others.

I want to save once a second continuously for 1 minute totally, and yeah i know that its bunch of discrete latitude and longitude values, what i want (after saving values for 1 minute) is to take this value from microcontroller and print it out :slight_smile:

thanks

I want to save once a second continuously for 1 minute totally, and yeah i know that its bunch of discrete latitude and longitude values

That's 60 lat and 60 lon values. As ints that 240 of the 8K bytes. Even as floats, that's only 480 of 8K.

So, what's the problem?

thank you for the help...

but i have another question regarding the Board memory...

if i want to extract these data from board memory using another PC..

(i want to ask the board memory to send the saved data to other external memry)
is there any feature or function or programme to do such a job