Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Building an Audio Analyzer with Matrices and Mega2560 / Uno and FFT and Op amps  (Read 3988 times)
Edison Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I know how to get a gain lower, using negative feedback.

Again, name your favorite opamp and I can show you how to get its open loop gain down to 1x (or any number you wish to have).

No negative feedback. How's that?

All you need to do is to  name your favorite opamp.

Montreal
Faraday Member
Per aspera ad astra.
View Profile

If you don't know what logarithm means, there are some books available:
http://www.dummies.com/store/Education/Math.html

Edison Member
View Profile

Again, just name your favorite opamp and I can show its gain < 1x (or 200x if you prefer), without using negative feedback.

Does that make your favorite opamp not an opamp?

Dallas, TX
View Profile

Okay, I'll play, configure a 741 op-amp for a DC open loop gain of 1 with no external components.

The LM386 is not an op-amp. It is a PGA at best.

Raleigh, NC.
Addicted to Arduino
View Profile

Ok damn guys....this isn't a see who pees farther contest...

I'm an Electronics Engineer as well.

I will say my favorite op amp to use is the LM358 but if I'm using one for multiple I/Os, I would use the LM3900.....However since I'm trying to tackle my original question.....using FFT to calculate a good audio analyzer output interfaced by the arduino...I know its possible and using the LM386 (Low power audio Amp) is what I have in mind.....

I hate op amps that need that negative supply i.e.  741 

I just don't want negative gain I know that much so interfacing either amp via its non -inverting input  (Rf / Ri) + 1 = Av (Gain) 

now interfacing its output to the arduino via an analog Input and then interfacing that to maybe some LED drivers (Max7219s) to drive LED matrices......

Edison Member
View Profile

I hate op amps that need that negative supply i.e.  741 

There are many ways to use an opamp in single rail application - the devices don't care whether it is used in dual rail or single rail. All it cares about is differential potentials so there is current float.

Issues come around in interfacing with signals referenced differently. The dual rail solution happens to be the simplest in that department.

Raleigh, NC.
Addicted to Arduino
View Profile

I know what you're saying....I would much rather deal with those types in your more used comparators, integrators, differentiators, summing.....etc.

I watched the rainbow tears video....neat project, but not exactly what I'm looking for...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: