Go Down

Topic: Position control (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

John_S

Lefty, I didn't know about hydraulics as you described. I've only used typical farm implements (front end loader, dump wagon, ect).

I think we are both correct though. Hobbyist-budget hydraulics are not meant for pin-point precision, although with the right equipment (and money) it could be done.

retrolefty

Lefty, I didn't know about hydraulics as you described. I've only used typical farm implements (front end loader, dump wagon, ect).

I think we are both correct though. Hobbyist-budget hydraulics are not meant for pin-point precision, although with the right equipment (and money) it could be done.

Actually I didn't know there were any hobbyist-budget priced hydraulic components available. Perhaps if purchased surplus or second hand?

Lefty

Robparsons86

The actuator I listed is high speed and good precision, it's priced at roughly $6-700 bucks. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction of creating the position control for this?

Thanks,

zoomkat

The actuator I listed is high speed and good precision, it's priced at roughly $6-700 bucks. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction of creating the position control for this?

What in the specs you provided for your actuator implys it has "good presision"? it appears that this is the product of "wishful thinking" to make the actuator work for your project.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Go Up