Due pinout diagram

did some one know where are the ADCs 8 and 9 are they missing?

Well spotted Markus

ADC8 -> B.12 -> SDA
ADC9 -> B.13 -> SCL

So it looks like you can get two more more ADCs if you aren't using that I2C port. However those two pins are pulled up by 1k5 resistors, so you'd have to drive the ADC with a low-impedance source.

D87 works on D4
D86 works on Pin D52 it is SS2 the 3rd SPI select

Added.

Unfortunately the 4th SPI CS pin is not connected.

Will upload new version soon.

Rob

Graynomad:

did some one know where are the ADCs 8 and 9 are they missing?

Well spotted Markus

ADC8 -> B.12 -> SDA
ADC9 -> B.13 -> SCL

So it looks like you can get two more more ADCs if you aren't using that I2C port. However those two pins are pulled up by 1k5 resistors, so you'd have to drive the ADC with a low-impedance source.

D87 works on D4
D86 works on Pin D52 it is SS2 the 3rd SPI select

Added.

Unfortunately the 4th SPI CS pin is not connected.

Will upload new version soon.

Rob

You make an great job, really amazing, in my way you can wipe the Unofficial from the sheet, talk to Massimo this can or should an official Pinout!

:slight_smile:

Thanks Markus you're too kind, but really I must insist, no applause, just throw money.

Rob

Just uploaded the latest version.

All above added plus some good news for those into audio codecs etc, all the SSC pins are available, this means you can play with I2S.

Notes to people using the vector versions.

The CC BY-SA logo is no longer a bit image, so that should scale properly without pixelating.

At some point I must have cut and pasted the entire drawing on top of itself. This means that there was two copies of everything, but they were in perfect register so you couldn't see any difference :slight_smile: I've slowly been removing duplicates but there are still many left I would think.

Note about the pin mapping duplicates

It it worth having the D10/77, D4/87 and D52/86 duplications? They do exist but is there any point in knowing this?

Rob

It is worth knowing about the D10/D77 and D4/D87 duplicates, because each of these duplicates actually refers to a different port and pin. Also people probably ought to know not to set D10 and D77 as output and then have one high and one low, because then there would be an effective short circuit (and similar with D4/D87). Given that the intended audience will probably be more advanced users I'd say it was worth having on the diagram. In any case it might help when we get the inevitable "Where's pin 77?" questions here on the forum.

The D52/D86 duplicate is the same port and pin, I don't know what the reasoning behind it is, maybe it could be removed.

Good reasoning Stimmer, I'll get rid of the D52/D86 duplicate.

Rob

Graynomad:
EDIT: Just created an SVG, it had two issues but I uploaded anyway. It looks like crap in a browser, can you guys try in a graphics program.

I fixed the issues (it uses SVG fonts, which browsers other than Opera don't support). Inkscape loads it and I re-saved from that, then used scour to get rid of needless bloat. Graynomand, if you pm me your mail address I will send you the fixed versions (work in Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera).

Top left of the excellent diagram, explaining the color coding: "per A" / "Per B or X" - I am confused what the little black corner signifies. My guess is that the data sheet (AT91SAM) shows two variations a -A suffix and -X suffix. Is that it? And if it is, does it matter as the DUE probably comes with the same chip variation. The offical product page says SAM3X8E.

Msquare:
Top left of the excellent diagram, explaining the color coding: "per A" / "Per B or X" - I am confused what the little black corner signifies.

The IO Controller provides multiplexing of different Peripheral functions on a single pin, either A, B or extra (X).
This is a way to select one of them.
For more info, check the datasheet sections 11.3 and 32.5.3.

-Dan

What Dancombine said.

Actually I've been wondering if it's worth differentiating the peripheral mux option used. After all it has no real bearing on the average user and more experienced SAM users will either know this or will soon find out.

@Nantonos
I'll PM.

Rob

New version just uploaded, just a few layout changes, I think we're almost ready to call this done.

I didn't upload a new SVG, it blew out to 2Mb for no obvious reason. I'll work with Nantonos to get a good SVG file.

Rob

I was under the impression that pin 50-52-53 also had something to do with spi?

Graynomad:
Actually I've been wondering if it's worth differentiating the peripheral mux option used. After all it has no real bearing on the average user and more experienced SAM users will either know this or will soon find out.

Rob,

Actually yes, you're right. This might confuse the readers of the pinout. And when one is really in the weeds of selecting alternate peripheral pin functions, he would have to open the datasheet anyway to select the right register bits.

-Dan

neslekkim

That's on the Mega, with the Due SPI is only available on the 2x3 SPI header.

Rob

Dan

Yes I think I'll remove them.

Rob

New version uploaded.

I'm still happy to implement any good ideas and of course fix bugs, but I think we're just about done here,

Rob

Graynomad:
That's on the Mega, with the Due SPI is only available on the 2x3 SPI header.

Then I really don't understand why I cannot make work, those where the first ones I tested.

Then you'd better start a thread in the Due section of the forum. Post your code and people will check it out. It could still be the diagram but that's unlikely now I think.

Rob

This glorious diagram is a great example of why I chose Arduino for my microcontroller dev/proto platform. The community here is top-notch. Thank you for the work, sir and well done!

Hi,

Very nice job this diagram !

I just would like to give my opinion on one thing :
I think you have already discussed this, but I'd prefer to have both peripheral A and B indicated.
To be honest I will print this layout and add some manual (and dirty) writing about periph A/B, so in my opinion it would be better to have it directly on the diagram...

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work!