Go Down

Topic: Replacing the 5V pin, please help. (Read 176 times) previous topic - next topic

goacego

Hey friends!  :smiley-yell:
So, I am working on a little autonomous buggy, and I have the ping sensor and motors hooked up, but now I want to hook up a tiny little analog servo onto my bot to increase efficiency of the ping, but, hey, I'm already using it for the ping sensor. I can't find another 5V pin, and I have a SEEED motorshield on the thing. I'd really appreciate any help on this.

weedpharma

You will need to connect external to the pin. Take a wire from the 5v pin and join your multiple 5v equipment to the free end of the wire.

Weedpharma

goacego

You will need to connect external to the pin. Take a wire from the 5v pin and join your multiple 5v equipment to the free end of the wire.

Weedpharma
Thanks so much! Anybody else with any other info will be welcomed!

Delta_G

Just be careful of your current draw.  There is a maximum you can get from that pin. 

goacego

How can I use another power source? It seems to be a bit overloaded...

weedpharma

Feb 11, 2015, 03:30 am Last Edit: Feb 11, 2015, 04:44 am by weedpharma
Please help!
Only an hour after your last post? Are you in a rush! Give members some time, we don't like to be rushed. Some of us actually have life apart from trying to sort out other member problems.

Have you done any research on the forum? If so you would have come on many posts regarding external power.

You may get more help if you give more details on your project.

What Arduino? What have you added? How much power? What source of power? Include links to the parts.

Weedpharma

goacego

Thank you.
Yes I am rushing along
Uno
8 AA batteries
SEEED motorshield
It just says analog servo
3 wires from it.
Cool.

JimboZA

And don't forget this is an international forum with members in pretty much every time zone on the planet.... not everyone's awake and at their PCs when you are.

Diagram below shows how to power a servo from a source other than the Arduino. This is recommended practice; just make sure the external power's -ve is hooked up to the Arduino GND as shown.

goacego

And don't forget this is an international forum with members in pretty much every time zone on the planet.... not everyone's awake and at their PCs when you are.

Diagram below shows how to power a servo from a source other than the Arduino. This is recommended practice; just make sure the external power's -ve is hooked up to the Arduino GND as shown.
Thanks. I understand that, but that also means I have a higher amount of minds to draw from.
Also, this is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Paul__B

Ah yes - there's the trick.  As I read through I picked that up - you simply do not power servos from the Arduino's regulator.

You really need a junction connector separate from the Arduino for the Vcc - and one for the ground in particular.  They should be very close to the Arduino however, and it may be a good idea to put a 100µF capacitor between the two.

goacego

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy