Go Down

Topic: tinygps - newsoftserial and running test_with_gps_device (Read 386 times) previous topic - next topic

danoduino

I did a similar hack for a bluetooth GPS (B-Speech GPS20c) ttl wired directly to arduino mentioned here:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=106798.0

In running, tinygps v.12 and using sample program "test_with_gps_device".  Changing SoftwareSerial.h to _SS_MAX_RX_BUFF = 128 was not enough.  With this device and for use with this example program I had to go "256".  That's alot for the example and softserial.  I think the example should be trimmed down; who cares about the Coarse to London thing.

6    150  99.99951 -999.19108 505  11/13/2012 03:03:33   508  17.20   1.76   0.08  N     7087     43.14  NE    75572 5839      685

Now that I know everything works I'm off to write a program that won't require such a large use of RAM.  I hope this helps someone who didn't get all their data populated by using the example sketch.

Cheers!

Go Up
 


Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy