Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Purchase the SAM3X8E?  (Read 2435 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,
I did a quick (Octopart/Google) search for the SAM3X8E chip in the Due, and I don't see it readily available for sale. Anybody have a link to purchase them?

Thanks.

View Profile

I think it is written in the spec that the chip is not available, only on an kit?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:04:01 am by neslekkim » Logged

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Like these Rob?

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Atmel/ATSAM3X8EA-AU/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtQuSbTnHsVtm6dgCW59dFS

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/ATSAM3X8EA-AU/ATSAM3X8EA-AU-ND/3128687

-CU available also.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Ah, it was the SAM3X8H that wasn't available:

"The SAM3X-EK evaluation kit for the SAM3X and SAM3A series is mounted with a SAM3X8H in an LFBGA217 package. This device is not commercially available."
(Sorry for the fuzz )

Arduino rocks
View Profile

...Octopart, you let me down!  Thanks, CrossRoads. I guess checking the major distributors was a little too obvious for me :-)

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Yep, sometimes the most obvious is the best. I have even seen folks overpay for parts  on e-bay when the distributors had them listed for less and without the 3-week shipping time from China.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
View Profile

Octopart, you let me down!
That happened to me the other day, I said that X was not available after an Octopart search and then someone found it bold as brass at Mouser smiley-sad

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

View Profile

Yep, sometimes the most obvious is the best. I have even seen folks overpay for parts  on e-bay when the distributors had them listed for less and without the 3-week shipping time from China.

I do that all the time.. Mouser/Digikey is giving me an $30 penalty for even the tiniest thing, so it's easier to use ebay instead.

Or, of course, add up lots of stuff before ordering from Mouser, but they the Customs is giving me an 25% +$25 penalty when the total is above $32 (which it garanteed to be when Customs calculate in the shippingcost in the value)

Venezuela
Ground.......ground........always ground
View Profile

If you need a couple of SAM3X8Es, just contact Atmel directly for samples. The problem is the test sockets. They are expensive...unless you have skills soldering.

Smithfield, Rhode Island
God Member
View Profile

If you need a couple of SAM3X8Es, just contact Atmel directly for samples. The problem is the test sockets. They are expensive...unless you have skills soldering.

Maybe I should build up a breakout board and have a bunch soldered up... There might be a call for that since the Duo is now out.

View Profile

I received 3 of them by sample request smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: