Go Down

Topic: Read a freqency from an analog pin (Read 4244 times) previous topic - next topic

majenko

Can make for me a correct program with this library?

Yes, if you pay me.  £100/hour.  Will it do what you want?  Who knows?  We still don't really know what you want it to do.  Do you really know what you want it to do?

florin

I want to read frequency. It's simple.  :smiley-eek:

majenko

What do you want to read frequency using?  What is the form of the signal?  What is the range of frequencies you are interested in?  What do you want to do with those frequencies when you have read them?

florin

A microphone read frequences. If sound is below, blink  a led. If sound is sharpen , blink another led. That is all.

AWOL

What amplification have you got between the microphone and the Arduino?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

KeithRB

It is not that simple. A microphone reads *all* frequencies. If you know there is only *one* frequency, you can amplify the signal to clip and become a square wave and use the pulse measurement technique mentioned earlier. If the signal is buried in noise, you might have to use an FFT to resolve it.

majenko

A microphone read frequences. If sound is below, blink  a led. If sound is sharpen , blink another led. That is all.

You still haven't answered our questions.

What are you getting the signal with?
- Please provide schematic

What is the format of the signal
- Oscilloscope traces would be best, or describe the signal in detail

What frequencies are you interested in?
- Is the signal a single frequency (sine wave), and what is the minimum / maximum frequency?
- Is the signal a composite signal, and you are interested in a "peak" frequency within the background noise?  If so, what is the minimum / maximum frequency?

Until you provide this basic information we cannot help you.

Cybernetician

From Idea To Invention

florin

The microphone is connected to Analog 0. Max frequency is 20 Mhz. I separe in 2: "<1Mhz" and ">1Mhz" . Then i have 2 LED's. If first conditional is true, blink first led. If second condisitonal is true, blink the second led.  XD

Thanks in advance.

AWOL

Nov 15, 2012, 01:38 pm Last Edit: Nov 15, 2012, 01:42 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
The microphone is connected to Analog 0. Max frequency is 20 Mhz. I separe in 2: "<1Mhz" and ">1Mhz"

Please, get real.

Everything will go in the <1MHz category.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

fungus

The microphone is connected to Analog 0. Max frequency is 20 Mhz. I separe in 2: "<1Mhz" and ">1Mhz" . Then i have 2 LED's. If first conditional is true, blink first led. If second condisitonal is true, blink the second led.  XD

You have a microphone that works up to 20mHz? How much did it cost you?
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

AWOL

You have a microphone that works up to 20mHz?

Normally, that would be a seismometer, and we would say "down to"   8)

majenko

You have a microphone that works up to 20mHz?

Normally, that would be a seismometer, and we would say "down to"   8)

I think he means megahertz, not millihertz :P

florin

Values are fictive. I want to separe 2 frequences. (frequences from microphone)  :smiley-eek:

Erni

Take a look at this, a library and examples:

http://www.avdweb.nl/arduino/hardware-interfacing/frequency-period-counter.html

Go Up