Go Down

Topic: Read a freqency from an analog pin (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

KeithRB

It is not that simple. A microphone reads *all* frequencies. If you know there is only *one* frequency, you can amplify the signal to clip and become a square wave and use the pulse measurement technique mentioned earlier. If the signal is buried in noise, you might have to use an FFT to resolve it.

majenko

A microphone read frequences. If sound is below, blink  a led. If sound is sharpen , blink another led. That is all.

You still haven't answered our questions.

What are you getting the signal with?
- Please provide schematic

What is the format of the signal
- Oscilloscope traces would be best, or describe the signal in detail

What frequencies are you interested in?
- Is the signal a single frequency (sine wave), and what is the minimum / maximum frequency?
- Is the signal a composite signal, and you are interested in a "peak" frequency within the background noise?  If so, what is the minimum / maximum frequency?

Until you provide this basic information we cannot help you.
Get 10% off all 4D Systems TFT screens this month: use discount code MAJENKO10

Cybernetician

From Idea To Invention

florin

The microphone is connected to Analog 0. Max frequency is 20 Mhz. I separe in 2: "<1Mhz" and ">1Mhz" . Then i have 2 LED's. If first conditional is true, blink first led. If second condisitonal is true, blink the second led.  XD

Thanks in advance.

AWOL

Nov 15, 2012, 01:38 pm Last Edit: Nov 15, 2012, 01:42 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
The microphone is connected to Analog 0. Max frequency is 20 Mhz. I separe in 2: "<1Mhz" and ">1Mhz"

Please, get real.

Everything will go in the <1MHz category.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Go Up