Go Down

Topic: How does using XBee differ from 315mHz Transmitter & Receiver? (Read 799 times) previous topic - next topic

encryptor

How does using XBee differ from 315mHz Transmitter & Receiver?  8)
peace*&^

Arrch

How does using XBee differ from 315mHz Transmitter & Receiver?  8)

Power, Speed, Frequency, Distance, Name, Form factor, Directional communication, etc.

Did you have anything specific?

encryptor

nothing specific, but they both serve the same purpose yes?
peace*&^

Arrch

nothing specific, but they both serve the same purpose yes?

In the same sense that a train and car serve the same purpose; they both are used to take you from point A to point B.

encryptor

lol, yes!  I just wanted to be clear there.  For real I was just wondering the very basic of RF transmit / receive by remote control.  I see the XBee has way more ability in wireless technology. :smiley-mr-green:
peace*&^

holmes4

WiFi works out cheaper than Xbee .

WiFI requires, 1 wireless shield + WiFly module and your PC

Xbee requires 1 wireless shield +Xbee and an XBee and adapter plus your PC.

Mark

oric_dan

Note that the cheaper [under $5] transmitters and receivers are just simple transmitters+receivers,
while XBee, wifi, and BT run sophisticated protocols which are much more reliable.

There are also some lower-freq devices that are complete transceivers [integrated transmitter+ receiver],
and which do run real protocols,

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9582

WiFI requires, 1 wireless shield + WiFly module and your PC

The standard XBee shield also mounts WiFly, and well as several other Bees.

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=beefamily

Sacman

Price is a major factor as well. The above examples refer to using your PC as one end network. In a stuation where you need to devices communicating independent of a PC, two xbee modules plus shields are going to set you back close to $100. If you are willing to put the time and effort into using a cheaper module (since they are often not as plug and play as xbee) then they might be a better fit.

Luck,

Wade

encryptor

Yes I want to be able to operate LED lights using a homemade remote control! :|
peace*&^

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy