Go Down

Topic: MPU-6050 stops or gives random values after a small hit. (Read 814 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello, I'm using this sensor (MPU-6050 6DOF) for my final project. The idea is to create a 3D colour picker with processing. It's fitted into a box that it's moved with the hand. I have almost everything working except for the arduino's side.

I started with the dmp code of Jeff Rowberg http://github.com/jrowberg/i2cdevlib/blob/master/Arduino/MPU6050/Examples/MPU6050_DMP6/MPU6050_DMP6.ino using it as a camera so you can see all the RGB cube. After struggling a little bit I managed to implement the gyroscope as a camera. The problem came when I noticed that suddenly it stops, or starts to turn more fast than graphics can handle even being still.

I realized it was when I left it at the table with some energy. So the thing is that it happens after a small (really small) hit. Each time it's worse.
It gives null pointer exception.

I have two possible theories:
- One is that is a peak of information that cannot be handled,
- and the other is that the hardware (the sensor) it's too sensitive even for that type of application.

Any help will be welcome, I know how to create the problem, but no how to solve.

BTW, any ideas why after a several runs of the processing code it gaves:

Error inside Serial.write()

and I can only solve it by rebooting the computer.

When I setup the wiring I run out of wire and used another type, a slightly smaller wire that didn't make good connection when it had a small hit.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131