Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Making PCBs!  (Read 359 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

A lot of people (including me) are interested in making custom PCBs for standalone projects, and I thought I'd share my experience! I designed my first PCB and got it made at seeedstudio for around 35 bucks, and the boards came out great! I made a video on some tips that I discovered while doing this - hope this helps people thinking about some standalones!

Portugal
Edison Member
Tomorrow I will know a BIT more than yesterday
View Profile

Thanks for share.I'm also waiting to see my first PCB.I order it on iteastudio but still waiting ...

Debian,Mint,Ubuntu
Arduino Mega 2560
Arduino Nano
Arduino Duemilanove
MAC OS Montain Lion
Raspberry PI Model B

View Profile

I believe seeedstudio and itead both use the same manufacturer to make their PCBs. From personal experience, I've found the quality to be pretty good, especially given the dirt-cheap prices. The holes and soldermask were generally aligned fine, but some of the vias did not tent properly, and the silkscreen was not the best. It came in just about 2 weeks with the cheapest shipping option, so I'd give them a 4/5 star rating! Good luck on your project  smiley

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

The holes and soldermask were generally aligned fine, but some of the vias did not tent properly, and the silkscreen was not the best.
I'm betting that was due to user settings.
Sparkfun has a set of eagle tutorials, including things to watch out for in silkscreens, if those are followed the silkscreening turns out very good.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Yeah, the silkscreen was my fault, I went too close to the minimum size, but I followed the sparkfun guide to tenting vias.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: