Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: generating a -10v...+10v control signal from an arduino  (Read 4505 times)
...blowing up boards one connection at a time
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

your valve has minimum speed requirement (near dc control signal)

not sure if i understand this?? were you thinking that the control circuity in the valve needs to be updated at a certain minium frequency? which would mean the settling time of the RC portion needs to be somewhat fast?

how much would things change if i would change the PWM frequency that the Arduino is pushing out?

how is the pull-up resistor affecting the R/C filter, or does it? ( i would think this might be 'magic')

..and how did you come up with charge / discharge time ??

thanks
_J

Edison Member
View Profile

i was assuming that you dont need to change the valve quickly. aka no music fountain.

the existing time constant is very long. unless you loswer your pmw output below 200hz, i wouldnt worry about.

time constant is r*c. discharge tc is 10k*4.7u. chage-tc is 20k*4.7u.

United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile

One thing we don't know is the input resistance of the valve (I couldn't find it on the datasheet). That's why I suggested using an op-amp. For the circuit you have sketched to give you the full range of control, the valve input resistance will need to be at least 55K, if you are using a 12V supply for the circuit, 1K for R2, and 10K for R3.

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

View Profile

This has been one of the most usefull posts I have fond and I wanted to thank all the contributors for their time on this. blowing away the cobwebs of my electronics degree has been most enjoyable ! many thanks all

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Jump to: