Go Down

Topic: nRF24L01 serial like synchronous bi-directional communication (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic

Stanley

I found out why the T: was not working ( or not displaying text on the other side )

I notice the data was sent over to the receiving end but was NOT displayed on the serial monitor...

Just to make the instruction much more clearly :-

To send a text to the other side to be displayed by serial monitor, you will need to type in :-

"T:S:print this text"

so that the other side will see :-

"S:print this text"

... and the if statement matching "S:" will sent it to the Serial.print function displaying

"print this text"






robvoi

That's how it was meant :-)
With this you can send instaructions to both involved arduinos. In addition you can use them as wireless serial adapter.

Stanley

Yes.. I found that out after reading yr codes...  :)

Can you share some examples/ideas on how u use this ?

Do u define yr own packet/frames with headers to read/write to the pins to/from the remote nodes ?

Do u add fields like simple addressing to address different nodes in a broadcast environment ?


Stanley


robvoi

I mainly used it to steer a robot. I used one Arduino on the PC, and one on the robot.
The one on the PC acted as controller for the NRF. At the same time I can unhook the controller on the PC and can use physical control (joystick, buttons) to control the robot.

The communication was manly based on predefined message patterns. Like D:100 is: go forward 100cm. For the manual/physical control it's then a simple F: to go forward until the stop message arrives.

vincelge

Hello,
I've tried this sketch on 2 Arduino with NRF but I lose most of my packets.
If I try to send 20 times the same packet, I receive it in the best case 1 time in 80% of the tests and 0  time in the other 20%.
I never receive all of my packets.
I don't understand why ...
Tous les jours, je roule en Electrique
Arretons de polluer !

Moi & mon Ardu

Go Up