Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: saving info..  (Read 962 times)
Rhode Island - USA
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

i am doing this same project (without the piggy bank), i have a 2 part question..

1.) if i do use a power supply, how do i hook up battery pack in-case there is a power outage to remain working?

2.) how do i save the data (what has already been counted) if say battery dies and or power loss with out a battery supply?

basically i just want to save the dollar amount in-case i lose power regardless of how i have this powered... so when it's powered up, the dollar amount was not lost and remains intact to continue on counting/adding to the dollar amount.

thanks in advance,
Ruffsta
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:28:53 am by Ruffsta » Logged

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

2.) how do i save the data (what has already been counted) if say battery dies and or power loss with out a battery supply?

Use EEPROM: http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/EEPROM

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Rhode Island - USA
View Profile

ty

The EEPROM memory has a specified life of 100,000 write/erase cycles, so you may need to be careful about how often you write to it.

that's gonna suck if it writes every time a coin is added.. smiley-confuse i doubt it can tell when there's power loss for it to write only then..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:03:38 pm by Ruffsta » Logged

Rhode Island - USA
View Profile

k, now how would go about doing this without arduino.. i wouldn't know what to put on a pref board other than an lcd and power supply..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: