Go Down

Topic: Interfacing Java, USB and wireless sensor network (Read 620 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello all,
I've spent the last week looking through posts and google docs and I've made a little progress but I'm still at a loss for some parts of my projects, and would be grateful for any information you can provide.

My goal is to create a home automation/sensor network with attiny's, sensors, relays, and 433Mhz transmitter/receiver kits. I believe I will be using VirtualWire for this, unless there are better recommendations out there.

I'm planning on cutting a protoboard to fit in a pci slot (not using the connections on it) and mounting the transmitter/receiver inside of a PC, which will be running a linux server distro with a Java VM (and html/php server for web access). The protoboard will have the transmitter and receiver mounted on it, connected through a modified usb and molex adapters. I plan on using a Java program with VirtualWire to send/receive data from the sensor network.

My question is, can the program directly send serial data through the USB data+(to transmitter) data-(to receiver) lines, or do I need to have something in between to handle the serial data?

Thank you for your time

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy