Go Down

Topic: Oh What to Do... (Read 764 times) previous topic - next topic

chickenparm42

OK, so I am planning on building a really cool device with a bunch of switches on it, among other things. I am going to have a key switch (main power switch), several toggle switches with covers ("missile switches"), a 12 button keypad (for "authentication"), a character LCD with an RGB backlight, and a wave shield (so it talks/plays cool sound effects).  I just don't know what to make these switches do...

I am just looking for general ideas, specifically creative ones.

Any help would be appreciated!

James C4S

The first generation of "personal computers" like the Altair was programmed by setting a series of switches on the front panel.

You could use the same method for selecting what sounds get played.  Like entering a combination.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

kuhntucker

If you want to mess with people, you could make each switch do something unique, but when one switch is on it could do random things.

retrolefty

Jan 24, 2013, 05:15 am Last Edit: Jan 24, 2013, 05:20 am by retrolefty Reason: 1
The coolest project I've seen using simple switches is the so called magic switch box. Watch the video and be prepared to be amazed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw9MGa7iQq4

Lefty

Go Up