Go Down

Topic: Arduinio Mega ADK won't accept code (Read 766 times) previous topic - next topic

pxlbrnd

Nov 16, 2012, 10:28 am Last Edit: Nov 16, 2012, 11:23 am by pxlbrnd Reason: 1
Hi guys!

The troubleshooting page led me here.

I am using an Arduino Mega ADK to receive Output from some flow-meters and pressure-sensors. There is also a 2.8" Adafruit TFT attached, to visualize the data (nothing fancy or complex; just printing the input-values to it) and the Ethernet Shield as the Mega is also a webserver. Furthermore, the Arduino generates PWM-signals to control a pump via a DC/DC-Converter.

After ~5 weeks of working with the Mega ADK (in which I uploaded not more than 500 times) it just won't accept my code anymore. The IDE starts to compile (my code is about 600 lines - calculating some things), then tries to upload but nothing happens. When the IDE finally starts trying to upload, the attached TFT flashes to white, a normal thing I observed when uploading. But after a second, the Mega seems to reset (while the IDE uploading progress bar is still visible), and then just starts the programm that was already on the EEPROM, disregarding the whole new upload, which would be - considering the one second - uncomplete.

Of course I tried to upload code with only the Mega attached, using the Blink-Basics-example, trying a different cable and used a different computer (Windows7). Didn't change the situation. Bootloader seems to be working, as the L-LED blinks twice when the Arduino is connected. All computers are succesfully installing the drivers for the Mega, and it's also visible in all the Hardware Managers.
I didn't install new software but I added an Eclipse plugin in order to comfortably setting up some handmade libraries. I didn't use them yet and changed nothing in the Arduino lib's itself. Can't imagine that there's a problem with Eclipse.

I also don't get any error in the IDE, it just tries to upload forever until I close it. Holding down Shift before clicking upload got me the verbose error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00". I then usualy disconnect the Mega and its shields, plug only the Mega itself in and try again and it works. Well, until now...

I hope to have provided some usefull infomation and I am hoping someone of you has an idea what I could try next. :(

EDIT: Went through the Loop-Back Test, with positive results.

xvjeko


Hi guys!

The troubleshooting page led me here.

I am using an Arduino Mega ADK to receive Output from some flow-meters and pressure-sensors. There is also a 2.8" Adafruit TFT attached, to visualize the data (nothing fancy or complex; just printing the input-values to it) and the Ethernet Shield as the Mega is also a webserver. Furthermore, the Arduino generates PWM-signals to control a pump via a DC/DC-Converter.

After ~5 weeks of working with the Mega ADK (in which I uploaded not more than 500 times) it just won't accept my code anymore. The IDE starts to compile (my code is about 600 lines - calculating some things), then tries to upload but nothing happens. When the IDE finally starts trying to upload, the attached TFT flashes to white, a normal thing I observed when uploading. But after a second, the Mega seems to reset (while the IDE uploading progress bar is still visible), and then just starts the programm that was already on the EEPROM, disregarding the whole new upload, which would be - considering the one second - uncomplete.

Of course I tried to upload code with only the Mega attached, using the Blink-Basics-example, trying a different cable and used a different computer (Windows7). Didn't change the situation. Bootloader seems to be working, as the L-LED blinks twice when the Arduino is connected. All computers are succesfully installing the drivers for the Mega, and it's also visible in all the Hardware Managers.
I didn't install new software but I added an Eclipse plugin in order to comfortably setting up some handmade libraries. I didn't use them yet and changed nothing in the Arduino lib's itself. Can't imagine that there's a problem with Eclipse.

I also don't get any error in the IDE, it just tries to upload forever until I close it. Holding down Shift before clicking upload got me the verbose error "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00". I then usualy disconnect the Mega and its shields, plug only the Mega itself in and try again and it works. Well, until now...

I hope to have provided some usefull infomation and I am hoping someone of you has an idea what I could try next. :(

EDIT: Went through the Loop-Back Test, with positive results.

there are many problems with megas, perhaps it is atmel's fault

Go Up